Canada-Ontario

Party Room, Under $1000, In Toronto?

Hey everyone!

We're still looking at places for our Jack and Jill. We know abotu the Legions, but before we do that I wanted to see if anyone has another idea.

Thanks!

Re: Party Room, Under $1000, In Toronto?

• ring_popring_pop member
    2500 Comments
    edited December 2011
    There is a party room called the William Lea room at the Leaside Gardens Arena. For a Saturday night in the summer months, it's more than $1000 to rent, but Fridays and Sundays and other months are significantly cheaper.

http://leasidegardens.com/williamlearoom/events.html
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • miellenmiellen member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Do you have any friends or family who live in a condo somewhere? I threw a jack and jill at a friend's condo party room (the Tridel Meridien at Yonge and Finch), and it was STUNNING. I don't think anyone's home would have matched it. It cost about $350, and that was considered an expensive party room.
  • edited December 2011
    I noticed that you mentioned a legion for your Jack and Jill.... we were thinking about that ourselves.... but someone else mentioned to us that it's not necessarily the ideal place....  With legions you normally need to use their bar which means you wouldn't be able to make money off your bar....  I don't know if that has any bearing for you.  Did you try any community centres? or even some historical buildings.... just an idea.
  • edited December 2011
    We're going with the Lithuanian Centre (Bloor West & Dundas West). It's a bit better than a legion and you can do everything (Bar with S.O.P.) yourself. There are a ton of cultural community centres that let you run your own event :)

We tried to use a friends condo but they had a strict 50 person minimum. We're estimating 75 - 100 :(

Thanks so much for your help ladies!

I'm going to check out the williamlearoom just for kicks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards