Canada-Ontario

TO restaurant venues

Hey all,

Just starting to look into venues for a summer 2013 wedding in Toronto, and have decided that the traditional hall venue is not for us.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a upscale Toronto restaurant venue?  Our guest list is in and around the 125 person mark. 

So far we've looked at the Rosewater Room, and were hoping for Splendito on harbord, but would have to scale back to guest list quite a bit to fit.

All suggestions are welcome!

Re: TO restaurant venues

• naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Check out the C Lounge.  It's upscale, not quite so restaurant-y but more lounge-y.  I don't know how many people it fits.
    http://www.libertygroup.com/c_lounge/c_lounge2.html

The Rosewood Bistro in Mississauga is nice, semi-fancy and moderately priced.  They also do outside catering.
    www.rosewoodbistro.ca

At 125 people though I'd be worried you'd need to rent a whole (small) restaurant or a good chunk of a bigger restaurant, and that booth walls and stuff might start to get in the way and be obtrusive if you're planning to do speeches and stuff.
  • Also, my cousin got married at Sunnyside Pavilion, it was beautiful.  It fits about the number of people you have and is private (you are the only wedding) but isn't a traditional banquet hall.  It is open air but covered.
    http://sunnysidepavilion.com/

• Mildred's Temple Kitchen in Liberty Village! Likely the perfect size for your list and they're amazing there.

Also recommend looking into the Globe restaurants.

Globe Earth on Yonge St. around Rosedale. Also Globe Bistro on Danforth at Broadview. They have a Bloor W. Village location that I am not familiar with as well.

Jamie Kennedy's restaurant at the Gardiner Muesum is probably fabulous though likely way pricier than these other options. Never been there, but I've eaten at several of his other places and his food is incredible. This would be a more upscale option if you had that in mind...
  • Thanks! I've def. considered C-Lounge, but was unsure as to whether it could accommodate a sit-down meal or not.

I know, 125 ppl is a hard number to work with for a restaurant :(  It is so hard to scale back on guest list!

• Wow, Sunnyside looks amazing!  Thank you for the suggestion!
  • Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Try the Rosehill Lounge on Yonge Street - they have a caterer onsite; The Boiler Room or Archeo at the Distillery; La Maquette on King St if you like French food.  Just a few ideas.
  • I was going to suggest checking the various places in Distillery District and Rosehill as well.
  • My friend had her reception at Sassafraz in Yorkville. You get the whole restaurant to yourself. It was so fun.
  • I'd love to hear more about Sunnyside from anyone who's gone with this venue.  It's beautiful, but I'm a little concerned about the weather and what the contingency plan is, and the quality of the food.  Any thoughts from anyone who's been to a wedding here or had their receptions here? Thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards