Canada-Ontario
Options

Mother of the Bride Dresses

Hey Girls - I have to take my MIL dress shopping, and I am wondering if you have any store suggestions that would have a lot of plus size samples but not typical mother of the bride stuff (i.e. no two pieces jacket-dress combos) - any ideas? Thanks!

Re: Mother of the Bride Dresses

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the gown selection at Melanie Lyne and Laura (or Laura Petite & Plus)!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my mom bought her dress at Melanie Lyne! She got it for a good price as it was on sale!
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Melanie Lyne.

Also The Bay and Sears have lots of stuff for mom-aged women.  Sears you can check out their selection online as well.

I've also found stuff with my mom at Cleo/Ricki's, but they often don't have really dressy stuff.

If you want something more custom you could go to a bridal salon and shop in the bridesmaid dress section instead of the MOB section to avoid the jacket/dress combos.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My MIL SWEARS by Melanie Lyne.. She's going there for her dress for my wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom got hers from J Michael (I think that's the name...) on super sale.  Was a $220 dress, she got it for less than $70 after taxes.  Wide variety from hugely ornate to very plain
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 62 Made the cut!
    image 58 Are ready to fly with us image 4 Are missing out! image As of August 14th, everyone has finally made up their minds!
  • Options
    StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're willing to go to Buffalo I believe Davids Bridal has a good selection of plus sizes but locally I would say that Melanie Lynn and Laura are your best options.  They have plus size dresses that aren't frumpy.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards