Canada-Ontario
Options

Wedding Budget from Gail Vaz-Oxlade

I don't know if you have already seen this, but Gail (from Til Debt Do Us Part) has a wedding budget worksheet on her website.
It also has average prices for each category which I found was reasonably close to what I ended up spending. I know I had trouble finding info on average prices for Canada when I was planning.

http://www.gailvazoxlade.com/resources/wedding_budget_worksheet.html

Hope this helps!

Re: Wedding Budget from Gail Vaz-Oxlade

• Options
    Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cool site!  Thanks for that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting! This will help me in my research. I'm just starting to plan my 2013 wedding and I have no idea what things should cost. I think most items are reasonable except for the amount of the reception. Unfortunately our guest list will increase that number big time.
  • Options
    Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_wedding-budget-gail-vaz-oxlade?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:6cbf4ce5-36ab-4289-abee-98b40d274433Post:899be1e6-8973-4632-a929-87abd4ab736a">Re: Wedding Budget from Gail Vaz-Oxlade</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for posting! This will help me in my research. I'm just starting to plan my 2013 wedding and I have no idea what things should cost. I think most items are reasonable except for the amount of the reception. Unfortunately our guest list will increase that number big time.
    Posted by busybride109[/QUOTE]

busybride - Reception venues are crazy with their prices.  For this alone, I definitely would recommend you get a wedding planner - the FI and I got one just to deal with getting a venue and we're so glad we did.  The same places that were quoting me $120/head are now quoting me $80/head.  It is sooo worth the cost.  If you'd like to check one out - call Leena from Let's Party Consultants.  She's awesome!
  • Options
    stephanieceestephaniecee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That`s awesome! Thanks for posting!

My guy LOVES `Til Debt Do You Part, and he doesn`t believe how expensive things like invitations and flowers can be (we ended up using Google Docs and a $99 Dealticker flower deal)!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards