Canada-Ontario
Options

Chez Jordan

Something happened to my original post so I'm trying this again...

I am getting married on Saturday and am dealing with all the last minute details and I guess you can say I’m running out of patience J

My bridesmaids bought their dresses at Chez Jordan in the 4040 Steeles Plaza and our experience has been a bad one through and through.  The dresses are beautiful and reasonably priced at $220 but two of my girls are plus sized and had to pay extra for ordering a bigger size which wasn’t fantastic but I’ve heard of this before, so fine.

At their first fitting however, both of my sisters’ dresses looked horrible and didn’t fit at all, which sort of defeated the purpose of getting measured if you ask me.  It took them each 4 fittings to finally get it right and they wanted to charge them more than the agreed upon amount for alterations.  Alterations were already $80, which seemed like a lot and it was their mistake so I was not about to let them charge anymore. Finally, another bridesmaid was charged $120 for her alterations, after already paying more for her dress (she was one of the plus sized girls) so after taxes and everything she paid more than $500, which I think is way too much for a bridesmaid dress.

I ended up calling the store to let them know I was unhappy and they had the nerve to say I was being unfair and then hung up on me. 

So girls, save yourselves the trouble and if you are looking in that plaza, go to Mona Richie and have a good experience, like my mom did.

Re: Chez Jordan

• Options
    Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Ugh!  That's horrible!  I'm sorry you and your BP had to go through that.  I'll definitely stay away from there.

As well, definitely make sure you post a review online about them to warn other people.
  • Options
    One of my bridesmaids needed both a longer dress and a plus size. It added about $100 to the dress. We were also told that she should go a size down from the sizing chart. Apparently plus size dresses in Alfred Sung start are very generous. They were right, because it almost fits her perfectly!

We got my bridesmaids measurements written on our receipt, so if the dresses were the wrong size, they couldn't blame the girls for losing or gaining weight. Have you tried that to use their original measurements to show that it was their mistake? I would also call the dress company to see what size should have been ordered for their measurements.
  • Options
    My sister got her wedding gown from here last year and she had absolutely no problems. I guess it depends who you were dealing with, and maybe bridal gown vs. bridesmaid dresses.

In our experience dealing with Voula was very pleasant. She actually picked out the dress, and I told her my sister wouldn't like it. After trying it on my sister started crying and sure enough that was 'the one'. Sorry you had such a bad experience there though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards