Canada-Ontario

Cakes

Hello, we are working on our cake and wondering how much we can expect to spend on cakes in the toronto area?  We're having around 100 guests.

Thanks!

Re: Cakes

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a cake to serve 100 and it cost me $300 for 3 tiers - which was much more than I needed to be honest!
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have 120 guests.  I ordered a 3-tier cake to feed ~ 80 guests (served with other desserts and late-night snacks) and it is $320. 

That seemed like it was on the low end, I got some quotes for $500-$600.  It also depends how crazy you want the decoration to be.
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that I got a great price from a just starting out cake artist.  The cake shops I looked at tended to range about $600 for the same cake I actually got on my wedding day!  
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dufflet was one of the places we checked out and I seem to recall that they had 3-tier cakes in the $250 range for that amount. Don't forget that you probably won't actually need to order cake for 100, depending on your crowd, what other desserts you're having, and how you plan to set up the desserts (buffet vs plated etc.) It'll probably be fine to order a cake for 60-70 but the baker will make recommendations as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • rachelblue123rachelblue123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_cakes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:78d1a51e-571a-4f94-b6cb-26567159033bPost:081089e9-c1e9-4d67-af7e-46e0f04e4b29">Re: Cakes</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have 120 guests.  I ordered a 3-tier cake to feed ~ 80 guests (served with other desserts and late-night snacks) and it is $320.  That seemed like it was on the low end, I got some quotes for $500-$600.  It also depends how crazy you want the decoration to be.
    Posted by naomikb[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hi there,</div><div>Just wondering if you could tell me who your baker was.</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks!

</div>
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_cakes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:78d1a51e-571a-4f94-b6cb-26567159033bPost:1cafabc4-1e81-4187-b928-5afa20aea8fb">Re: Cakes</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cakes : Hi there, Just wondering if you could tell me who your baker was. Thanks!
    Posted by rachelblue123[/QUOTE]

I'm west of Toronto, and my baker is in Hamilton.  Her name is Nickey, she's just starting her new shop, called Cake & Loaf:  <a href="http://cakeandloaf.ca/">http://cakeandloaf.ca/</a>   She's working out of her house or a studio or something until the actual bakery opens (supposed to be this month I think).
  • edited December 2011
    I am looking for some ideas for my cake as well. If anyone can recommend someone in the GTA, I would appreciate it:) thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I have a cake business and we do make wedding cakes. We are still fairly new and we do have affordable prices. Ourwebsite is not up yet (still working on that), but if you can check out the business page Classy & Sweet Cake Designs. <clicky>
    October 2012 Sig: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    In Progress Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love AuntieBrendas bakery - and my guys at GlitzStudio are the best!!   - Good luck ot us all
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our 3-tier cake cost $275. We invited 216 people, ordered a cake for about 120 and still had leftovers (aside from the top layer). Her name is Robyn Ward and her email is r_e_ward@live.com. Below is our cake

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards