Canada-Ontario
Options

Outdoor Spring Wedding (May/early June) in Toronto

Has anyone attended or held their wedding in the spring outdoors around late May or early June? 

With Toronto's weird climate, I'm concerned about the weather and temperature cooperating. Will it be warm enough that time of year to have an outdoor tent wedding? Is it usually still raining a lot? I'm looking to book in 2012 and I like the idea of a fresh spring wedding, but I can't remember what the weather was like last year around May, and I don't want to wait until May of this year before securing my venue!

Re: Outdoor Spring Wedding (May/early June) in Toronto

• Options
    unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would say you're safer the end of may or june. the later the better.
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This year, it was unseasonably warm in May and June (I think there were days in the high 20s, and humid). But it can be finicky in Toronto. I don't thinks it's generally still VERY rainy at that time.

You can probably rent heaters for the tent if necessary.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    onetieronetier member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think May is still way too cold for an outdoor wedding.  June is better.  Although I believe our hottest days are usually in August now. 

I say you should book whatever you like for whatever date you like and just make sure you have a backup plan.  I would suspect that most outdoor venues have an indoor venue that can be used if the weather doesn't co-operate.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would also suggest end of May, beginning of June.  The last couple years (from my recollection) it's been pretty chilly in May, with some warm days strewn in there.  The heaters for the tents are also a great option if it's still cold.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd agree that May is too cold for an outdoor wedding.

Would it be in the evening?  It tends to get much colder after the sun goes down, so if it was an afternoon reception you'd have a better chance of the weather being cooperative.

I'd suggest that the later you can push it into June/late June it would be better.

Here are the average temperatures and precipitation for Toronto:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/city_guides/results.shtml?tt=TT000900

• Options
    miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding on May 17 2009 that was supposed to be outdoor but it was freezing and windy so they moved it inside.

I got married in 2010 on May 15 and the weather was great!

I don't know how that helps but just saying it the weather is unpredictable, and if you're worried I would do June to be safe.

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    June might be okay, I wouldn't suggest an outdoor May wedding.  Make sure you have a backup plan no matter what - because anything can happen with our crazy weather!
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hard to say when going that far into the future however, you will have a tent (should it rain) and as mentioned before if you get heaters, it should be okay.
  • Options
    suellen2bwedsuellen2bwed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding date is May 29th and it is going to be an outdoor wedding, morning reception and brunch, it falls on Memorial day weekend for the Americans and I always remember that our long weekend weather is awful and the following weekend is gorgous. The last few years May and especially the end of May had been pretty warm.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married June 3 2011 in Toronto - on a patio!

Wish me luck, and knock on wood - but I think it will be fine :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you can, wait until the end of June.

I remember going on a camping trip for May 24 and it snowed.

I definitely wouldn't chance May.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can I ask what patio you are getting married on? Im looking for the same sort of venue :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards