Canada-Ontario

Child Attendants

I've been playing with the idea of not having a flower girl or ring bearer!

I just wondered what you ladies thought about that idea? Is anyone else doing this or thinking about doing this?

I just think it will be easier and less stressful. I think it will cause strif in FI's family if we pick one over the other and such. Plus the reception is already adults only, so it only makes sense to just keep the whole day that way.

Any thoughts?
*Melissa*
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
*Our furbabies: Oski (dog), Jax (cat)*
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
~*Good luck to my BFPB's: MercierGirl, DBoo0510, mrskristend821, & NewbieLisette*~

Re: Child Attendants

• mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I say if it is going to cause strife, then you really don't need to have them.  I have been to several weddings without them and I didn't even think twice about it.  Sometimes a bridal party is no place for children and there is nothing wrong with not having a flower girl or ring bearer.  I am also thinking of the same.  Just go with your gut.  There are no rules.....entirely up to you.

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not having either, and we are having an adults only reception as well.  Do what you want to do - I've been to lots of weddings with no child attendants!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think it is a big deal if you decide to go without them. There are pros and cons to both though, so do what you feel comfortable with.

I am having them at mine, but it wasn't a political choice for me, as it sounds like it will be for you b/c of your FI's fam as well. BUt it's totally acccepted to do without, I think.
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a great idea, and if I didn' feel pressure to include a flower girl I wouldn't have one either. I don't think a necessity in any way, unless you or your fiancé really want to include them.
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They're not necessary.  Really, a wedding party isn't even necessary at all.  If you don't have children who are especially close to you, or you don't particularly want a FG or RB, don't have them.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • edited December 2011
    My sister (who is 11 and in my opinion too old to be one) really wants to be a flower girl. I figured if it's that important to her a good idea could be her and my FI's cousin (who is 4) to walk together. This way my sister is sort of supervising the little one and it's also a combination of the two families. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards