Canada-Ontario
Options

Your White Dress

Hey Girls!
Has anyone ever heard of "Your White Dress?" It's down town Toronto, and apparently they sell designer dresses for 299$. I am planning on checking it out this next week to see whats there. They say they have thousands of dresses... i haven't been there yet, so i don't know what it's like...

You might want to check it out! 

I will let ya'll know what i find!

Re: Your White Dress

• Options
    unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i've been curious about that place as well but i haven't started dress shopping yet. definitely let us know how it was : )
  • Options
    canadian98765canadian98765 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow, I will definitely be going to check it out!
    but yes, please let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I only heard about it after I bought my dress Cry

Have fun shopping!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    4eversmiling4eversmiling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey guys!!
    So, I went to the shop - your White Dress - and.... well... I wasn't quite as thrilled as I thought it would be. They were actually mostly older dresses - if you like sleeves, or an older lookingish dress you'll find something. HOWEVER!!! I did find the best bridal store ever on the same street!!!!

It's called Ballett's. I bought my dress there and it's GORGEOUS!!! I got it for 399$ It's a very white dress and has amazing silver crystal beading and is a pickup style dress. I LOVE IT!!! I never felt like a princess as much as i did with that dress. All the dresses there were GORGEOUS and they were VERY REASONABLE. 

So, while the "Your White Dress" store was a bit of a disappointment to me, finding "Ballett's" was worth it! 

It's on Orfus Road in North York - not far from the York Dale Mall.
  • Options
    unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats on finding your dress! wow thanks for the tip on ballett's! will definitely check it out when i start dress shopping.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're going to Orfus Rd., Ballets is a great store with a nice selection of dresses.  Your White Dress can be worth a look too though.  When I was there they had a beautiful silk Alfred Sung that didn't fit me...  :(  for only $300.  I found a bridesmaid dress for one of my girls for only $90 which was gorgeous, so we bought that.  You never know what you'll find there.  They have different stuff all the time.

The best, most relaxing place to shop though is The Brides Project.  They are on Broadview between Danforth and Gerrard.  The staff is amazing, and all volunteers except for the owner.  They have a huge selection of dresses and they custom make veils.  They also have shoes, tiaras, etc.  Best of all, all the proceeds go to cancer research, so while you are finding a deal for yourself, you are also helping out a great cause.  The owner is a wonderful lady and she is also an officiant.  We asked her to do our wedding ceremony because we both just fell in love with her.  She is very warm and freindly and funny!  You should definitely check them out.

www.thebridesproject.com
  • Options
    Jami-LynnJami-Lynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually purchased my dress from "Your White Dress" a few months ago.  
    4eversmilling is right, a lot of the dresses are a bit dated, but if you look though the stock, there are a few gems mixed in.  For $299 I got a Pronovias design from a couple years ago. With a few alterations (I'm removing the off-the-shoulder straps and having a bustle put in) its going to look like a brand new design.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was actually fully prepared to spend $1600 on a dress at Ritchés, but I was told to wait for the trunk sale before I made the purchase. My Mum and I decided to go up to Your White Dress to make fun of all the horribly ugly dresses that they must have there and actually ended up buying my dress there instead!

Everything is arranged by size, and you just go through the racks and pull off what you like. I ended up choosing this diamond white silk organza dress for only $300 and couldn't be happier with it! All I had to do was get it shortened...

All in all a very pleasant experience, but only if you are patient and are willing to look through (literally) a warehouse full of dresses to find the right one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards