Canada-Ontario

hair and makeup recommendations for downtown toronto

Hey - do you have a good affordable salon for downtown Toronto for updos for me and my 4 BM and my mom to have hair done (a few at a time - so salon is best)

please suggest salons that you love. thanks!!

Re: hair and makeup recommendations for downtown toronto

• edited December 2011
    I'm not from Toronto, but for my make-up I'm getting it done with MAC - just thought it might be worth looking into for you for make-up.

"Successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person." German Greer
  • rktorkto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    are you going to MAC (the store/counter) or are they sending someone to you?
  • rktorkto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    and do they do free trials?
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you get someone freelance they will do a trial for you - but no, it is not free.  Usually trials at MAC are $40-50, and services range from $60-80 depending on what the person charges and how many people are in your wedding party.  They will come to you on your day and you usually go to them for your trial.

Not sure how it works if you just go to them at a counter in terms of a trial...
  • awinslowawinslow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have an awesome gal - trial for makeup is $75, day of is $75 and for bridesmaids/moms etc I think it is $60 each.
    Hair - my guy is amazing!!! He is a celebrity stylist and super expensive but you would only have to go to him...all bridesmaids are $60-$70 which is standard. Email me at ashley_winslow@hotmail.com if interested and I will connect you
  • orlykahnorlykahn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Still Looking for a makeup artist?
    Certified and experienced. Work has been shown on Breakfast Television, Canadian Bride, Rogers Television, and various Bridal Shows across the GTA.

Wedding Rates:

• For Bridal Makeup: $75 (false lashes are included if interested)

• For One to Three people: $60 per person

• For Four to Seven People: $55 per person

• For Eight or More: $50 per person (and includes false lashes!)

• Flower girls are complimentary

• Junior Bridesmaids under the age of 14 are $35 per person
    (False lashes are an additional $3.00 per person)

• Travel Fees may apply for farther distances. Travel fees begin at $15.
    (All prices are already inclusive of GST)

Payments
    A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to reserve all dates for Weddings and Special Events.

Contact me at orlygoldakahn@gmail.com or 416 399 6078
    Orly Kahn *Makeup Artist* www.orlykahn.carbonmade.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards