Canada-Ontario

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.  FI and I live in Oakville . We got engaged May 25th and will be getting hitched in October 2011 at the Harbour Banquet.  I really wanted to be an August bride but unfortunately they are all booked because i had no idea that there are people out there booking their venues even before they are even engaged!!!

I really looking to chat and meet everyone!

Re: Newbie

• mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome.  October is a great month and I think your date will be perfect.  I am getting married October 9, 2010 and the weather in the first week in October is not too cool not too warm, sunny and beautiful.

Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome, and congrats on your engagement. We live in Oakville too, the Harbour Banquet centre looks beautiful. Have you begun looking for dresses?
  • APW2010APW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome. You'll be surprised how fast things get booked up. I'd suggest looking for a photographer pretty soon too. And maybe an officiant, if you aren't getting married in a church - we left ours until later and then had a lot of trouble finding someone available.

Ask all the questions you want, everyone here is really friendly and helpful.
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the Knot and congratulations!!!
  • lycindylycindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks Everyone.

mcrotondo - I'm also getting married on October 9th!

PreppySailor - I saw 2 dresses I like but still not really sure.  My aunt actually owns a wedding boutique/centre in LA so I can order any of the dresses at wholesale prices. this will help ease the finances because Harbour Banquet and the menu we chose is not cheap...lol..

APW2010 - Church is already booked....it awesome because our guests can walk to the reception.  We are having pre-dinner cocktail so our guests can go straight there without the long wait in between.  As for the photographer and videographer we have not decided yet.  Do you think it's wise to hire the same company to do the video and the photos?

miellen - I'm planning to wear a cheongsam as welll...where did you get yours?

• kerrysmileykerrysmiley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats + welcome - I'm a newbie, too .. and gasp, one of those ppl who booked before "officially" being enagegd ... but in my defense, we've lived together for a few years and he knew about my ... craziness in doing so (August 2011) - :) Good luck with everything + sure our pathes will cross again on these boards as we pull our special days together.
    Cheers,
    Kerry
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards