Canada-Ontario

Looking for LIVE BAND for wedding reception.

Hi brides!

I'd love to have live music at my wedding reception instead of a DJ. 
Does anyone have any recommendations or links??
We'd like a group that is diverse, fun, and up beat! 

Re: Looking for LIVE BAND for wedding reception.

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the band Graffiti Park through Brian Pombiere entertainment.  They often play at Alley Catz at Yonge & Eglinton, and we saw them play last summer before we signed the contract, and FI surpised me on my birthday with all my friends again there in March and they played again!  They play everything, and they have exactly what we wanted - they needed to play current music as well as classics, male and female vocals, and a variety of music styles.

Brian is great to work with and he has many other different live acts you can use, depending on your music style and budget.

Hope that helps! :)
  • orlykahnorlykahn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly suggest JOE STAR BAND

ORLY KAHN
    MAKEUP ARTIST
    WWW.ORLYKAHN.CARBONMADE.COM
    Orly Kahn *Makeup Artist* www.orlykahn.carbonmade.com
  • edited December 2011
    We are using the George St Kitts band - we've seen them at other weddings and they were amazing! I believe it is a 9 person band with a male and female singer. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • suellenslatersuellenslater member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We hare using Hazel Walker and a quartet, she is mostly jazz and blues, but oh soo good!
    Sue-Ellen
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the recommendations!
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friends had Soular at their wedding (also at Alleycatz) and they were awesome!
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seconding George St Kitts.  My family has used them at several events, including my sister's wedding last summer, and they've always been amazing. 
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • edited December 2011
    Google "new hollywood"  My best friend used them and they were really great!  I just wished their website was better!

I almost went with them and found some people that would come together and play at my wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards