Canada-Ontario

Delta Chelsea Hotel

Hello all!

So, I'm looking into the Delta Chelsea Hotel, downtown Toronto for my venue, and was wondering if anyone has heard anything good or bad about it. I haven't seen it yet, but their package is so 'all inclusive,' I've already fallen in love with it but worry about it all being too good to be true.
White Knot

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Delta Chelsea Hotel

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There was a knottie here who had her wedding there and was really happy with it... I wish I could remember who!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • canadian98765canadian98765 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to check it out as a possible venue, because I also was impressed with the pricing for a downtown venue.  They have a pretty standard ballroom.

Very convenient if you have a lot of out of town guests and definitely some of the best pricing you can get downtown.  We decided against it because we found other venues that had more character at a better pricepoint, since they are not downtown (we ultimately went with the Old Mill).
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a very beautiful ballroom.  I went to my high school prom there, and I also had a university alumni formal a few years ago in the same room.
  • lilmiss_34lilmiss_34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I did go see the venue, and it was nice, but nothing spectacular. 
    ALL the linens and plates, etc for the tables are only available in white for the basic package. Which means  the room has NO dimension. I think a little upgrade for a splash of colour would make a world of difference.
    But I just have to remember what I really want from my wedding - the guests to have a good time. Which I believe is done with good food and lots of alcohol! Wink
    White Knot

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rktorkto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we narrowed it down to Delta Chelsea and King Edward.  We decided to bite the bullet and pay thru the nose for the King Edward.
    I thought Delta Chelsea was lovely.  and such a good price
    a friend of mine told me the food was really good at a wedding she attended.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards