Canada-Ontario
Options

bridesmaid dress question

I've been looking into infinity dresses for my bridesmaid and maid of honour. i personally love the idea and versatility, and it's a guarantee that my girls can use it again. however, my moh seems to think it's not formal enough for our wedding. we are having a traditional church wedding in november, followed by a reception at a banquet hall. can you chec out the link and let me know what you think? i'm looking at the short dress in plum purple, which is $128 + tax.
http://www.henkaa.com/
to look a pictures, there is a gallery, or if you check out their facebook page, there are tons of pictures.
any feedback would be appreciated!!

Re: bridesmaid dress question

• Options
    It sounds like your wedding might be a bit more formal, since you're doing the church and banquet hall.  What time of day is the wedding?

I think they're fun dresses, but I have also heard from people about how they can be hard for bustier girls to wear.
  • Options
    My future SIL looked into Henkaa for our BM's dresses. We saw them at a bridal show at the beginning of January. They look great in some of the photos on their website and they looked nice on the mannequin at the show. I definitely agree with Kewii that it can be hard for bustier girls to wear..it's really not meant for "every size". They actually show everything! One of the girls working the show had it on and I could see her bra outline underneath. I do think it's a smart idea because it can be worn so many different ways..you can even add a little bling to make it more formal with a brooch, belt etc. Just keep in mind what the girls would be wearing underneath because it's not a forgiving material!
  • Options
    I think if your wedding is overall pretty formal, they're a little too casual.  I also agree, as a busty girl, that they are NOT made for us top heavy gals. 

I do think it's sweet of you to try and find something they can wear again. :)
  • Options
    I have a dress similar to this and I'm top heavy - and it's true that you can't wear it in all styles, but you still have a pretty good selection to choose from.  Plus, you can always get double sided tape to keep things in place.

If you're concerned about it, perhaps get the longer version instead of the shorter one? 
  • Options
    i agree the longer dress would be more formal, but i really want a dress my bridesmaids can wear again. and i feel a shorter dress would def be worn again as oppose to a long. I'm def gonna go try it on for myself and see how it looks. The lady at the store mentioned that they sell brooches you can add to the dress to make it fancier. Let's hope I find something everyone likes!
  • Options
    Gonna be blunt here. Any bride who thinks she's picking matching dresses for her maids that they can wear again is FOOLING HERSELF!!!!

I've been a BM a ton of times and I love my dear bridey friends. Was happy to buy & wear the dresses. But let me tell you, I never wore a damn one EVER again, despite how every bride thought they were just so versatile and wearable. They're not. They're bridesmaid dresses.

The ONLY BM dress I've ever worn again was the black dress I wore at a friend's wedding. In fact, two awesome friends had me in their BP and asked us all to just wear a black dress of our choosing. It was great. I got a black dress I loved and wore it to death.

These convertible dresses are cute and yes, you can wear them in a variety of styles. I borrowed one from a friend to wear at a cousin's wedding, actually. It worked well cause I was preggers (so yeah, I had some boob action going and it was all good). They are GREAT for pregnant women! My sister also wore one to the same wedding cause she had to get it to be a BM at a different wedding. Honestly? Together, we looked like a couple of BMs even though we weren't. And we were wearing different colours.

If you love the dress, ask your gals to wear them but don't pick this dress cause you think it's super versatile and wearable... cause it's not.

If you REALLY want your friends to be able to wear their dresses again... don't have them wear matching dresses at all!
  • Options
    i personally LOVE those dresses! It's one of the dresses i sent to my MOH & BM to look at :) and i kind of want to buy one for myself!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards