Canada-Ontario

Bridesmaid Gift

Hey Ladies,

What are you guys getting your bridesmaids as a gift? ALSO! Are you getting the same thing for each bridesmaid, or something different for each one? Or maybe you are getting your MOH something special and the same for the rest of the other girls?

I would love any and all suggestions/ideas!

THX!

Re: Bridesmaid Gift

• edited December 2011
    I just got two of my three gifts this past weekend, so I'll chip in... I love the "shop like it's their birthdays" rule that a lot of the girls on theknot advocate. That makes so much more sense if your girls have different personalities and taste.

For BM1 I got this Kate Spade pic frame from The Bay that made me think of her as soon as I saw it while I was there registering. The frame has a little dragonfly on it, and BM1 has a little dragonfly tattoo. Plus she and her husband bought a "grown up house" that they're moving into next spring, so I'm sure will need extra frames and whatnot to decorate.

For BM2 I got her a bag that I think she'll like from Urban Outfitters, which is one of her fave stores. With a gift receipt though, just in case.

I'm still struggling to find something for my MOH, my younger sister. Probably because she's been a tad obnoxious the last couple of weeks, so I'm not feeling very charitable towards her at the moment. Wink But I'm sure that something will come to me soon.

I'm also going to look for necklaces to match the BM dresses - the dresses have gold in them, but none of the girls have much gold jewellery, so I'll try to make their lives a little easier.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • sapicochung1sapicochung1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since my wedding was in October I gave my girls shawls and TNA purses from Aritzia. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    those all sound nice.  Since we only have one maid of honour and one best man we are doing the following:

Maid - gold necklace with her name (like the carrie necklace)
    BM - I think we are going to go with a flask

Since we have fewer gifts we were able to spend more on each gift
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took our whole BP out for a nice dinner after the wedding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got different gifts for my bridesmaid, like dougie80, according to their personalities and what they'd want and need.

Gifts were a make-up train case from Sephora, an ice cream maker + recipe book + sundae glasses from Crate & Barrel, a gift card from Home Depot, and a cardigan + bag from American Apparel.
  • crysfacecrysface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't got their gits yet, but.. I will be making them all survival kits and paying for their makeup the day of.

After the wedding photos come in I will also be printing and framing a photo of us all together for each of them. :)
  • APW2010APW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am paying for my MOH hair and makeup, so I was thinking of getting her a card & something small, and then like crysface giving her a photo of us later.
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am paying for the girls' makeup and the night before together in the hotel room.  I am thinking of getting them little Coach wristlets (all different) and filling them with lipgloss, bath & body works stuff, maybe a little charm - something personal to them inside.
  • 4eversmiling4eversmiling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my girls silver bracelets from Le Chateau to wear. Then I put together little survival kits for each of them. I bought cute little bags from Michael's, and wrote their names on each. Then filled it with fun stuff! 

I like the idea of sending a picture to the girls of all of us together. =)
  • edited December 2011
    I made them each a lacey shawl in different patterns and I got them quote coasters that reflected each of their personalities or occupations. I also made them their necklaces, but I don't really count that as their gift because they were for the wedding.
    I really like the idea of giving them a framed photo! My pro pics should be in in a week or two, so I may just do that.
  • Stephk08Stephk08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I I am paying for my bridesmaids' hair and makeup, and got them each a Coach wristlet-looks like we are on the same wavelength,Littlin !!! The Coach bags will also go with their dresses, so if they want  they can use them on the wedding day. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards