Canada-Ontario
Options

Niagara on the lake vendors

Hey ladies,

I've never posted on this board before, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Amy and I'm marrying my best friend/FI in January 2013. We're still about a year and a half out, but SO excited.

We're seriously considering having the wedding at Inn on the Twenty in Niagara on the Lake.

Has anyone gotten married there or currently planning a wedding there?

I'm also looking for a string quartet, florist and cake baker. Any recommendations?
Anniversary

Re: Niagara on the lake vendors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My florist is from the NOTL - pauline from mybouquet.

http://www.mybouquet.ca/
    Anniversary

imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Serenata as our string quartet. www.serenata.ca
    Reasonably priced and very easy to work with so far. I'll let you know how they were.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the inn on the twenty this summer. Have you been on a tour of the site? I have a friend who is a chef in that region and recommended the inn on the twenty and vineland estates for weddings. We found vineland estates too small for us. As well we really liked the inn on the twenty room (it's got one wall of windows that overlooks a ravine) and the main street. so far the planning has been great. I work with sharon-kay and she is fantastic. They are very professional and organized. I have co-worker that got married there last year and only had good things to say about it. Though we went for a tasting and found the food to be good but we expected a lot better for that region. I guess when you do catering food you may have to dumb it down. Though we made some suggestions and they were very open to it.

In terms of strings I've heard good things about duo d'amore. For florist my friend got married at vineland estates and used wine country floral. I was in contact with them and the lady was really sweet and seemed to be able to work with any budget. I was going to use them but then my FMIL offered to do the flowers instead. For cake baker, the inn on the twenty does wedding cakes so I'm just using them. I think if you don't use their baker they charge a cake cutting fee so it was just easiest.

Let me know if you have other questions about that area. Others venues we toured there were hernder estates, pillar & post, and queen's landing. For the inn on the twenty we booked our venue 16 months in advance and noticed a lot of summer dates were getting filled quickly. To make things less stressful for you definitely start checking places out as soon as you can.

• Options
    achiduckachiduck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your help unplainjane!

I've already contacted Duo Amore for a quote. We've been for a tour and would use the room with the windows too but haven't really tasted the food yet. We'll probably go for dinner before we actually book it. How much are they charging you to do the cake?

We're planning a winter wedding, so fortuatnely more dates seem to be available then the summer but I think we'll be booking sooner rather then later.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Gia_VeronicaGia_Veronica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Pauline from My Bouquet! We are using her too! 
  • Options
    unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think a winter wedding would be beautiful there. for the food i've actually never had a regular meal there so keep in mind the catering food could be different. for the cake it's $500 for a 3 tier that feeds 70 guests for dessert. i looked into other bakers in the area as i thought the price was high but with the delivery fee and cake cutting fee it would have added up to almost the same so i just wanted to avoid dealing with another vendor and just had the inn do the cake.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Burlington, but my florist is from Niagara, Jessica from Fleurish Design Studio!

She's really nice, and her work is beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of the first website to review Canadian websites for Sending Flowers or <a href="http://www.bouquet.ca"> Bouquet </a> Online.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards