Canada-Ontario

Affordable Officiant in the GTA Area - Milton/Mississauga

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any of you Knotties have a recommendation for an affordable officiant in the GTA.  We are from Mississauga, but getting married in Milton (well.. as long as our venue visit goes well tomorrow morning!). 

All of the officiants I have found online are very pricey -- over $350.  We really did not budget for that amount (it was a bit of a shocker for me, honestly). 

Has anybody heard of a more afforable option? 

We need a person comfortable with performing a civil ceremony and who will let us help to write the "script."  We definitely want to be very involved with customizing the ceremony to fit our personalities!

Thanks in advance :)
~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Affordable Officiant in the GTA Area - Milton/Mississauga

• blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    That sounds pretty much standard from what I've seen.

All Seasons are about $400 after tax. They let you have a lot of control over everything. They have suggestions and resources you can use but you don't have to use their ideas.
  • Hey Jenn.. CHP has a preferred officiant. The people I have talked to who got married there said it was fairly reasonable, there's a standard rate of sort, you have to factorin their time preparing for your wedding, doing the documents, the ceremony itself, etc. Talk to them tomorrow they'll tell you about the rates of the services :) 
  • Like PPs, the cheapest officiant I looked up was around $300 but it was just for performing a civil ceremony, one meeting and for his travel there.  If you wanted them for the rehersal then it would cost you more. But $350 is the going rate.  Consider that a ceremony at a church will cost around $200-$300 for the priest and sometimes from$500-$1000 to hold it at the church.
  • Sounds on par in my books. I think ours was $250 at our church. Typically if you want a rehearsal or lots of involvement in developing the ceremony it's extra, like PPs said. The ceremony is the most important part of the day - to me the $350 is a small part, considering the cost of the whole wedding!
  • I would never recommend All Seasons. We booked, paid, and had a date with All Seasons.

After organizing our date, meeting with the officiant, paying our deposit and hearing endless speeches of how committed and organized they are AND how officiant's must give their schedule and availability months and months in advance ... they cancelled. 

There was no backup.  No person to fill in.  No attempt to help us find someone else.  No phone call.  Just an email with "your officiant cancelled and good luck and have a great day".  Really?!  That's what you have to say after you cancel and we have no one to marry us?  "Have a great day"??? 

I had specifically asked what would happen if our officiant couldn't make it - illness, whatever and I was told that they would have a replacement.   No.  They don't have replacements. 

Book with All Seasons at your own risk ... you may end up like us - receiving a cold email where they didn't care about us at all - AND with no one to marry us!

I would never ever ever recommend them. 

• WOW I am so sorry to hear that MEM.  I am even more glad now that we decided to go with Enduring Promises.

How far in advance did this happen?  Have you found a new person yet?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are looking into finding a new person and the church is helping us greatly.  We told them that we cancelled our Minister to book All Seasons and our Minister obligated himself elsewhere - and then they cancelled. 

We have a meeting in two weeks with a possible replacement. 

All Seasons was terrible.  Horrible customer service from them and the officiant.  And not even an I'm sorry from the officiant. 

I will say again - I would never recommend them.  And I'm happy to share my story - I would HATE for someone else to be in my position. 
  • JennLaxJennLax member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    Try contacting Enduring Promises -- maybe they have someone available on your date!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards