Canada-Ontario
Options

Canada's Bridal Show or National Bridal Show?

Hi there! In need of some opinions please. Do I go to the National Bridal Show or Canada's Bridal show? Anyone been to either?

Re: Canada's Bridal Show or National Bridal Show?

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the one in September at the convention center in Toronto.  I believe the National Bridal Show is the one that is in January at the same place, but bigger.  They are great if you are looking for vendors, especially if you are willing to book on the spot.  

For me, it was not that helpful, as I already had the majority of the vendors I wanted to use.  I went with my mom because she wanted to see the fashion show for MOTB dress ideas (although they only had 1 featured).  

It was, however, a good place to get discount cards, which helped when FI picked out his tux rentals this past week.  $30 off/rental was a big difference for all of the boys, and FI got his tux for free.

It's intense and was a bit overwhelming to me, but others have found them incredibly helpful.  I believe ring_pop booked a vendor there on the spot and got a great discount.

What vendors are you looking for at this point in your planning?  They have lots of photography, decor, cake, and invitation booths.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Littlin! I kinda wanna go just to go:) I've never been to a Bridal show before. For the most part I think I'm all set with things- planning to DIY the invites, already have the photographer,planning to ipod the lunch reception,have the cake vendor picked...not sure if I'm missing anyone!

Going for the discount cards for tux/suit (not sure which way we're going with this yet) might be a good idea! I feel like we're behind now because Eric hasn't done this with his groomsmen yet! Eek!
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did it really early because 2 of the groomsmen live in England and won't be back until a week or two before the wedding.  Really, the boys can go 2-3 months before the wedding and be fine, unless it is a really popular tux style.

Just a note - Syd Silver went out of business - anyone who rented a tux from them gets to keep it once the wedding is over.  I've heard rumours that Tuxedo Royale may not be far behind - so be careful. 

We used Freeman Formalware - they have a catalogue at most Tip Top Taylors but you need to go one of the showroom stores to try stuff on.  FI said they were SO helpful and had a great experience.  No pressure and they showed him all the possibilities.  I've also heard from a few girls on here that Moores is good as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards