Canada-Ontario

St Lawrence Hall

Am looking into this venue and so far love it..Does anyone have any info on it ? 
The site is too vague for me and the rep who emailed me back basically referred me back to the site. 

I'm going to have to set up a date to go look at it but for now I'm interested in your experiences there!!!

Re: St Lawrence Hall

• Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    It is a beautiful venue and I loved it too.  From when I inquired about it, the rental is something like $2500, depending on season, I was looking at September, which isn't too bad but you have to rent the tables and chairs and things like that.  You'll have to get one of their preferred caterers and because it's a historic site,  you'll have to pay the historic landmark fee which if I recall, was something like 10 or 15% of your final total which is charged by the caterer on behalf of the venue. You can only have 130 people if you wanted a seated dinner, but 200 if you do it cocktail style.

So it wasn't to bad to rent it, but when I got the quote from the caterer, I was looking at close to 20K for the caterer alone and I was having cocktail style reception. So for me, it just wasn't cost efficient.
  • Hopefully I can make it work.. Im in love with it..

I inquired and its 150 for sit down dinner & dancing. 200 for cocktails or dancing only.

There is no landmark or corkage fee and they provide 20 tables of 10 seats and chairs for your party. Lovely chairs too actually.

The caterer which you provide would have to provide linens and all the other table rentals incl plates and silverware and glassware. You would also have to book your own alcohol/bar but your caterer should be able to do that with you. As well as come on your night and serve.  The food is whats killing it. LOL.
    But thats what kills it anywhere.

• I just booked with them for an April 2013 wedding, absolutely love it!

Just a note, the lighting is gas lighting so NO candles are allowed, and it gets pretty dark in there at night so you would need to spend money on a lot of uplighting or other forms of lighting.

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards