Canada-Ontario

Rehearsal Dinner

I hope this isn't a silly question but do we have to pay for everyone's meal at the rehearsal dinner? We were thinking of having it at a restaurant but I am unsure about whether we pay or each person pays for themselves. I have been to one that was held back at the couple’s home, and another that was held at a restaurant and we each paid for ourselves.
Thank you :)

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• If you follow etiquette, then yes, you do have to pay for everyone's dinner - you're the ones hosting so it is your responsibility. But etiquette is different for everyone these days.  Do what is common to your family and amongst to your friends.  If you're having it at a restaurant makes sure everyone knows they're paying for their own meals and drinks - there's nothing worse than a surprise finding out you have to pay for your meal yourself. 

If you're worried about budget, having a pizza party is just as good, so long as everyone is fed.  The other option is not to have a rehearsal dinner - it's not required.  Hope that helps.
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Yes, you should (or someone should, sometimes ILs will offer to host it) host the RD and pay for it.

It doesn't have to be fancy... like Jewel said a pizza party is fine.  Or lasagne & salad, or BBQd burgers & pasta salad.  Just make sure everyone is fed and watered and happy, you want to thank them for helping with your wedding, supporting you, leaving work early on Friday to come to your rehearsal, etc.
  • DianneTODianneTO member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Thank's ladies for the good advise :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards