Canada-Ontario

Photobook creation sites

Hello Everyone!

I need to know which websites are good for creating photobooks online.  (Particularly the ones that ship to Cananda)  I've used shutterfly.  I personally felt that shutterfly was ok. I LOVED the selection of layouts, colour schemes etc that shutterfly has but I would like something that is a bit more 'professional'.

Any web sites that you can recommend?

Thanks!

Re: Photobook creation sites

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_photobook-creation-sites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:b1c921b5-c763-4539-8513-81ea83f07c77Post:2b52d180-893b-4a6a-86d5-b166dc93006c">Photobook creation sites</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello Everyone! I need to know which websites are good for creating photobooks online.  (Particularly the ones that ship to Cananda)  I've used shutterfly.  I personally felt that shutterfly was ok. I LOVED the selection of layouts, colour schemes etc that shutterfly has but I would like something that is a bit more 'professional'. Any web sites that you can recommend? Thanks!
    Posted by MrsBM[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean about Shutterfly! Try Blurb. They have cleaner layouts that are more professional looking, and also more options to customize the layouts. Their customer service is fantastic. Make sure to google coupon codes before you order because there are often discounts available.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shutterfly I found is great for cards - I just ordered my TY cards from there and they were incredible!  I also got 40% off my purchase with an online coupon!

For photo books, I use "mypublisher" - you download the program and it connects online when you want to purchase.  I myself have used it, and many other family members as well.  DH's mom made my guest book using it!  There are often promotions, so if I get an email soon, I will pass the savings to you ladies with the promo code.  I'm making photo books for my wedding party members just now! :)

Mac also has photo book making  - my photographer usually uses it, but I think you need Mac software to use it?
  • nmcarthurnmcarthur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the process of making one on Mixbook right now.

You can completely customize it to your liking which is a feature I was after, as I never like the templates. 

Prices are reasonable, and they do ship to Canada. 
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to add that MyPublisher gives you a $20 GC when you sign up.  They've been telling me I only have 3 days left to use it for the past month. :P
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • APW2010APW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used My Publisher as well. A coworker brought in an album from them that was amazing, and ours turned out beautifully too - lots of layouts to choose from, and details right down to the printing on the spine of the book. Definitely professional looking and worth the price, plus it arrived quickly.

• miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Blurb for our guestbook and was really happy with it! I design it myself though and sent in the press ready PDF - I'm not familiar with their drag and drop software if that's what you need.

It costed about $40 for the hardcover (with matte finish image wrap) book, 20-40 pages and shipping. There was no customs from what I remember.
  • selena0620selena0620 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've used Picaboo.  I made a Family Book for my parent's last christmas.  It turned out pretty well and they have a varity of bindings.  And they shipped to Ontario.

You need to download the free software and then drag and drop or auto populate the book.  There are also a lot of layouts and backgrounds to choose from.

(I usually make my christmas cards with the software and use the print at home option too!)

Check it out :)
  • DGOUVEIA10DGOUVEIA10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Costco also has an option for creating photobooks.
  • MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi All!

we've made a list of books so far:

inkubook
    mypublisher
    blurb
    mixbook

We're going to compare prices for the options that we want and go from there.

Thanks!!

• two_zedstwo_zeds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used My Publisher and thought that it was really great. It is really easy to use, and they have really nice and clean layouts. give it a try!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't personally used them yet, but I will be using them to create my guestbook. They've gotten really good reviews and if you keep your eyes and ears open they have great promotions as well. (I got one through Groupon, $35 for $115 worth of photobook)

http://www.photobookcanada.com/

Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards