Canada-Ontario
Options

Atypical wedding dress in Toronto

Hi there!  I've just started to look for my wedding dress and I have no idea what I'm doing-- I was never in a wedding party and never thought I'd be the marrying type.  My wedding is going to be 1920s themed and I'm looking something vintage (I not into the big-ass dresses with the folds and glitters that seem to be so popular) I would by a vintage dress but I'm six feet tall, so even contemporary dresses can be hard to find in my size.  Any recommendations for places to check out in Toronto?  I don't want to spend a lot.  $2000 is my limit.

Re: Atypical wedding dress in Toronto

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey...
    I'm planning on buying mine from Fashion Crimes on Queen West.
    They've got amazing party/prom/wedding dresses. I can totally picture several dresses there that would suit the 20's theme. Plus their accessories are AMAZING.

Best of luck finding your dress!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    http://fashioncrimes.ca/

just in case... that's their website
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shkank on Yonge St custom makes dresses. I've spoken to them with a friend about another sort of dress entirely. They seemed really down to earth and pleasant. And recently I saw them at a bridal show. Don't be fooled by the glitzy stuff in the window - it is not a stripper store! LOL Worth a try anyway.

I did see a ton of drop waist, 20's style gowns in a magazine a few months ago. I'm not sure who made them though. If I do remember, I'll get back to you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks carleyraine!  I've never heard ot the place, but it sounds promising!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Really!  I used to go by Shkank all the time and though the stuff in the window wasn't for me, they seemed to have some neat ideas.  Thanks, I would NEVER have thought ot them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're welcome! So glad I could help!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Isn't Peach Beserk still operating?  They did some pretty wild dresses for weddings and otherwise....    Queen West fashion district is the place to wander, for sure.
  • Options
    grlandherdoggrlandherdog member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got mine from Cabaret on Queen West. Cocktail style
    Paid just over $1k They can probably do a custom fit for you...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards