Canada-Ontario

Vendor

Hey everyone!

I'm looking for a vendor where I can have my ceremony outside and the reception inside. Also included:
-OPEN BAR
-OUTDOOR CATERING (or vendor has excellent food)
-also may accomodate OVERNIGHT STAY

**CAN YOU HELP ME**

Re: Vendor

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there a specific area of Toronto that you're interested in?

Do you have a budget?

Are you looking for a venue + catering all-in-one package, or a separate caterer? When we were in the early stages of planning, we actually found it easier to look at caterers first, as many of them have relationships with venues and can make suggestions based on your preferences.

I'm confused why "outdoor catering" if you want the reception inside.

Many - I'd say most - venues will offer the option of open bar, so I wouldn't be too concerned about that requirement.

A couple that come to mind based on the outdoor ceremony / indoor reception requirement:
    - Estates of Sunnybrook in Toronto
    - Hart House at University of Toronto
    - Royal Botanical Gardens in Burlington
    - Many of the banquet halls in the suburbs also have outdoor spaces for your ceremony
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you or your guests need to stay overnight at the actual venue though, you'll need to find a hotel that also has a garden. I don't know if any downtown hotels have outdoor spaces, you may need to look into the suburbs.

One more thought - the Liberty Grand in Toronto, near the Ex. They have lovely outdoor grounds.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • suellenslatersuellenslater member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am from the Hamilton area and we have booked at Liuna Gardens, it is right on the lake, the outdoor wedding takes place in the garden over looking the lake, they ahve a tent they can set up if it is raining and 3 or 4 different rooms inside, they have a great web site and we found their pricing reasonable and Robert was willing to work with us to get the menu we wanted at a price point we were comfortable with, including the bar. We wanted the whole wedding ourside and are having a small wedding so we booked the tent. There are two hotels very close by, about a five minuet drive.
    Your other option might be looking at one of the local resorts, depending which area you are from, places such as Hockly valley are only an hour north of the city and have out door options.
    Good luck!
    Sue-Ellen
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards