My mom thinks this is nuts. She thinks I'm getting ripped off over the cost and his structure - namely the deposit requirement, and extras not included like cake cutting etc.
I met with a videographer today and booked him, and he will cost $1400 for the following:
- ceremony shot with 3 hi-def cameras, which include guests arriving, location details, ceremony and brides arrival
- processional and recessional
- moments following the ceremony - congratulations etc.
- reception - establishing shots, hall details guests arriving, candid shots, guests at tables, kissing games
- introduction of bride and groom, wedding party
- all speeches and toasts
- father daughter dance, first dance etc.
IF I want him to come to my house before hand, that's an extra $800.
IF I want him to video the cake cutting, that's $50.
IF I want him to video the bouqet toss / garter toss, that's an extra $50
IF I want him to videotape when the pictures are being done, it will cost $300, even though it's in the same location.
IF I want shots of people dancing, it will cost $125 for 3 -4 back-to-back songs.
ALSO, 50% of the deposit is required upon signing, and he owns all of the rights to the video
He also said it could take anywhere from 3 weeks to 12 MONTHS to get the video, depending on how back logged he is.
Yikes - I'm starting to second guess myself. If you were me, would you exercise the cooling off period under the Consumer Protection Act and cancel?