Canada-Ontario

MAC counter at Fairview mall?

has anyone ever had their make up done there?

i will be moving to toronto and need to find a make up artist for my wedding.

please let me know if u have a specific artist in mind that you would reccommend. thank u :)

Re: MAC counter at Fairview mall?

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about Fairview specifically, but I've had my makeup done at The Bay in Yorkdale, and the MAC store in the Eaton Center, and was happy with both artists.  My wedding makeup was done by one as well who came to me.  I would call the store, talk about freelance artists, get a trial done at the store, and then decide!  Most counters at The Bay will do a free trial as long as you purchase at least $50 worth of product after.  If you normally use MAC, then that is pretty easy!  MAC stores do charge around $60 for the application itself, and they throw in a free mascara only.
  • achiduckachiduck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anyone I've ever talked to that had makeup done at MAC was always very happy with the result.
    Anniversary
  • onetieronetier member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used MAC at Yorkdale.  I went for the trial..bought all the stuff then did my own makeup the day of my wedding.  They had some interesting ideas and recommendations.  I wouldn't say I loved it.. but I also normally don't wear makeup so I felt like a clown with the makeup on.
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with achiduck. Mac products/artists always have positive reviews
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've shopped at lots of different MAC counters and always been pretty happy with their makeup artists.

They're usually up for showing you tips on specific things if you just go and ask.

My favourite was Limor that I met at the Bloor & Bay MAC store. If I wasn't planning to do my own, I totally would have hired her. But she gave me some really great tips. I'm not sure if she still works at MAC but it appears that she does a lot of freelance work now, including weddings.

http://www.limorberman.com/
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • CanRusCanRus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not Mac relacted but if you do your registry at the Bay at Yorkdale, they give you a free makeup trial at the Dior counter... Or at least they did when i registered.

I'm having mine next weekend. We'll see how it goes.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_mac-counter-fairview-mall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:c428d97b-c370-4c9a-9638-db2d6aae14e5Post:a3c4630e-23cb-4f80-9759-cdc0b8531107">Re: MAC counter at Fairview mall?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not Mac relacted but if you do your registry at the Bay at Yorkdale, they give you a free makeup trial at the Dior counter... Or at least they did when i registered. I'm having mine next weekend. We'll see how it goes.
    Posted by CanRus[/QUOTE]

This must be ANY Bay as the one in Oakville gave me the same card. Sears gave me a card for makeup trial by anyone I want -in a Sears store of course.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I actually know a MAC artist that is amazing.  She does make up for Keshia Chante's videos. 

She's in TO, works at the MAC pro store on Queen St.  You can make an appointment with her at the store, or if your interested I can give you her number. 

Her name is Gillian.

Also, she is super nice--the ones at the pro store often are more friendly than the ones in the mall.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards