Canada-Ontario
Options

Serving Ethnic Foods

For our wedding we want to do a buffet style and serve food from all 4 of our backgrounds.  We will only have a few selections on each station but I am concerned with finding a venue or caterer that will be able to help.  I want someone who is versed in serving ethnic foods and will make them properly.  I had considered asking family and friends to help (family is already helping with the cake and wedding favours) but am not sure if asking people who will also be guests to make all the food.  Is there any good venues that can accommodate this or at least caterers that can and do create ethnic foods for receptions?

Re: Serving Ethnic Foods

• Options
    What type of of ethnic food? It depends just how different your 4 backgrounds are. Also - where are you having your reception? The reason I ask is because if there is in-house catering, they may be able to help you out!
  • Options
    blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    There are many banquet halls that do multiple ethinc foods and so that shouldn't be a problem depending on what the backgrounds are. 

What are the backgrounds? That's going to affect where you go.

One example of a hall that does different selections is Claireport.  I haven't been there so I can't comment on the quality of food.
  • Options
    I know the Berkeley has different ethnic foods but it also depends on what you want.  The Waterside Inn has different ethnic menus as well.  Check them out.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    The backgrounds are on my side: Canadian and German
    On my fiance's side she has: American and Mexican
    We already have a few food selections in each category decided that we definitely want served and it will be buffet style.

As for reception location we have not decided yet...I am just in the process of looking for a wedding planner to assist with the bigger details such as venues and caterers...I am doing the stationary DIY (design and wording already complete) just need to obtain the supplies to do them after guest list is finalized, the cake is being made by my future MIL...my mom is making the favours (we are making the bags for them), we are going to make the bouquets, boutonnieres, etc...we are making the decorations (candles etc)...I found a company who will custom make the ring bearer pillow, flower girl basket and garter set......the engagement and matching wedding bands have been bought already...we know what type of "guestbook" we want...we know the extra elements we want in our ceremony and know where to get the supplies for them....we know where to get the items we need for use instead of rice as we leave the church or venue....we know what transportation we want....we have the wedding party gifts decided already...we have an officiant already just no location yet...oh and we have all the outfits picked out too....

Embarassedonly has taken one month to get this far....alot of the elements I have planned since i was little and surprisingly not much has changed from the list I wrote when I was 10 almost 29 years ago...

• Options
    Hi Jewel224,
    How can we contact Leena?
    Thanks
  • Options
    @vasantp ...  leena is at letspartyconsultants.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards