Canada-Ontario

Gardiner Museum

We love the space (and the food!) at the Gardiner Museum of Ceramic Art for our ceremony and reception. Just wondering if anyone here has had their wedding or been to a wedding there, and what your experience was like. Thanks!
Don't you think you guys should maybe switch beds?? IMG_2501 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gardiner Museum

• bianca15bianca15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have actually been trying to book my wedding there for next summer, and have been trying to contact the event coordinator at Jamie Kennedy for the past month. It has been like pulling teeth. It is a struggle to even get him to reply to my emails. Two weeks ago, I send an email essentially confirming my date for next year and asked a few questions. One week later, I resent the email. Two weeks later, still no reply. 

I have been to several venues in the past month or two, and every other event coordinator has been nothing but pleasant, and easy to communicate with. With Jamie Kennedy, I have had the complete opposite experience.

I love the space as well and would have booked in a heartbeat. With me essentially handing him money on a silver platter...imagine how he'll be in the months leading up to your wedding? Needless to say, I have been less than pleased with the service so far, and he has essentially killed the deal for us. Shame, because the space is amazing.
  • LittlinLittlin member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Oh I'm sorry you have been having such bad service with Jamie Kennedy - his food is incredible.  I loved his restaurant on Church Street before it changed ownership!
  • slytherinaslytherina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_gardiner-museum?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:c736a64d-a238-489f-80b4-27e5baf9f1e8Post:02dbda83-e512-4d64-8572-e3ec71c0897b">Re: Gardiner Museum</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have actually been trying to book my wedding there for next summer, and have been trying to contact the event coordinator at Jamie Kennedy for the past month. <strong>It has been like pulling teeth. It is a struggle to even get him to reply to my emails.</strong> Two weeks ago, I send an email essentially confirming my date for next year and asked a few questions. One week later, I resent the email. Two weeks later, still no reply.  I have been to several venues in the past month or two, and every other event coordinator has been nothing but pleasant, and easy to communicate with. With Jamie Kennedy, I have had the complete opposite experience. I love the space as well and would have booked in a heartbeat. With me essentially handing him money on a silver platter...imagine how he'll be in the months leading up to your wedding? Needless to say, I have been less than pleased with the service so far, and he has essentially killed the deal for us. Shame, because the space is amazing.
    Posted by bianca15[/QUOTE]

<div>This is precisely why I was asking! FI and I are having similar difficulties connecting with him, but we've actually already booked the space. I don't know anyone who's had their wedding there to find out if the event coord can actually pull everything together on the big day ...</div>
    Don't you think you guys should maybe switch beds?? IMG_2501 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards