Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Sent my STD's...what now?

So I'm a September 10 bride - and although I would have preferred to wait a little while longer - we sent the STD's. Reason being, half the guest list is OOT, across the country, etc., it's on a holiday weekend on a Sunday, and everyone kept asking anyways.My question is - did you get any response from sending yours? Did people say they got them / try to respond like an RSVP / anything? Just curious and I decided to post because I've been on the knot while at work pretty much all day...oops...

Re: Sent my STD's...what now?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was the same weekend with the same exact situation. 100% OOT guest list. I sent mine out around the same time. I had a few people that were confused and they said "we got your invitation" other than that, we haven't really heard anything.
  • Options
    MrandMrsSMrandMrsS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't hear anything when I sent mine out either. I got married the day before Labor day (sunday) and if I remember correctly we sent the STD's when we were about a year out.
  • Options
    mamie329mamie329 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We only sent about 25 out last December, so they really went by without a comment. Maybe a friend or two said they received them or they were cute, etc, but I'll admit it was a bit of a letdown considering how much I agonized over them.
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    People that are close to us called to say they received them and how excited they were about our wedding. Just because they don't comment to you, doesn't mean they don't think they're great. We found out that people loved them, told other people and we found out later.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls - It's not that I think everyone has to say something, but it would be nice to have a few good responses back. I put so much work in, I want someone to notice! lol.I also think it would be helpful if people absolutely know that they can't come, if they would tell us....that way, we can add other guests that otherwise wouldn't have made the list.I won't get my hopes up too much...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards