Canada-Ontario

Bridal stores that let you take pictures

Hey ladies!

I'm finally starting my dress hunt and I was looking for suggestions of bridal stores in Toronto.  My one requirement is that I want a store that allows me to take pictures of myself in the dresses.  I have a hard time making a decision on clothes in front of a mirror.  I feel that I can never tell how I actually look unless I have a photo of myself to look at later.  Also, I want to be able to look at side-by-side shots if I can't make a decision. 

I know Becker's doesn't let you and The Dressroom did (but I just learned they are now closed).

Any suggestions!?  Does anyone know if Jealous Bridesmaids lets you?
~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Bridal stores that let you take pictures

• Jealous Bridesmaids does, I got my dress there and they had no problem letting me (or the other bride there at the same time) take pictures,

They are a very good boutique to work with, I would reccomend looking there. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had a great experience with Best For Brides (Sheppard Bathrust) location, also the store at Eglinton & Laird... name escapes me at the moment.
  • Thanks!

I've made an appointment with Jealous Bridesmaids next week.

I went to Best for Brides for a bridesmaid dress and got really claustrophobic in the store haha   I'll try to google the Eglinton & Laird one though :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I actually hated Best for Brides at Sheppard and they refused to let me take any photos (even though the Barrie one where I got my dress is photo friendly and had signs posted that it's camera friendly).

The David's Bridal store on Eglinton lets you take photos (they were very accomodating, had lots of sizes to work with).  We ended up going with Windsor Bridal (photos allowed), though I was not too fond of the store at least for bridesmaid dresses.  The dress my girls bought there was almost $50 more at Windsor Bridal (Orfus Road location) than the Best For Bride location (I saw it there a week or two later and checked the price.
  • Sophie's Bridal Shoppe on Dundas St. West and the 427 allowed photos.  And I have to say, their customer service was amazing!!!
  • Thanks again everyone!   My friend mentioned Sophie's to me because her mom knows the owner, but she didn't know if they allowed pictures or not.  We are going to go there if I don't find something at Jealous Bridesmaids, so I'm glad to hear you had a good experience there Jewel!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I have no other different recommendations of places downtown but want to say that I went to 4 different places and none of them had problems with pictures.  We started out all sneaky about it and then realized they didn't care.  Honestly if they told me I couldn't take pictures I just wouldn't buy from there out of spite.
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I am surprised that there are bridal stores out there that would not let you take pictures! Is this with the dress on, without or both?
  • I had a great experience at Jealous Bridesmaids. I recommend that place to everyone. I also liked Ritche although they seem to get mixed reviews. 
  • Not sure if this is too late. Mona Richie also lets you take pictures and a couple of my friends got their dresses there
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards