Canada-Ontario

The in-law battles begin

So it turns out that my future in laws are really against my FH marrying me...
Has anyone else had to deal with this while planning the wedding? He seems to think they'll calm down before the big day, but I'm terrified they are going to find a way to ruin the wedding.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: The in-law battles begin

• LaurenArnettLaurenArnett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is an FH?

Its your wedding day and not theirs. Sit them down and make this clear to them! They arent going to RUIN your wedding and you cant think like that! They will respect your decision!
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you're dealing with this. How far off is your wedding? Can you afford to take a bit of breather time to not worry about wedding planning?

The #1 most important thing is that your fiance stands by you and makes it clear to them that YOU are his priority now. As long as he's always on your side 100%, you'll get married and everything will turn out fine!

Do you know any more about what they're against? Is it a cultural or religious thing? Do they just not like you for some reason? Was there some misunderstanding that you can clear up?
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_law-battles-begin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:d0561334-0532-4aa6-9ead-a962d21066b0Post:1575a545-01c6-45bf-bc8d-22eb196b3fc3">Re: The in-law battles begin</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is an FH? Its your wedding day and not theirs. Sit them down and make this clear to them! They arent going to RUIN your wedding and you cant think like that! They will respect your decision!
    Posted by LaurenArnett[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I think FH means future husband.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards