Canada-Ontario
Options

Jolie Bridal reviews?

Hi,
Has anyone  had any experience with Jolie bridal on St. Clair Av W? I am specifically interested in how well the in-house seamstress did the alterations. The dress I'm interested in has a rounded neckline, and I would like it altered to a sweetheart neckline. But I am concerned that the alterations may not turn out. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Jolie Bridal reviews?

• Options
    Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi lionel,

I believe StephieBow bought her dress and had it altered there.  She spoke very well of them.  You may want to PM her to get more details about it.  She may take a while to respond since her wedding was just in September. 

I tried checking out web reviews for Jolie Bridal, but unfortunately there are none.  If you want a well-known seamstress I can give you the name and phone number of one.  Let me know.
  • Options
    I saw an Impressions dress online and sent my cousin to buy the dress for me at Jolie's Bridal on St Claire. First I am a size 10, but bought a size 14 (as i was the only one left).  I was going to have it altered to fit me.  It turned out that I could barely fit into the size 14.  The way the dress was is not what it looked like online.  The sad part is that they refused to take it back to exchange or for a refund.  I'm mad because I feel like the dress was not the a genuine Impressions and I'm stuck with something I cant even wear.  $250.00 later, it's UGLY!!!!!!
  • Options
    That's a huge accusation to make. I purchased my dress there and the are geniune. if you didnt size yourself and get measured by them, you are at fault for the dress not being your size. it is impossible to fake designers, you are slandering a great store all over the internet because you couldnt fit into a 14! Maybe you should have been measured by the store, it's your resposibility not theres. On anything you purchase there you know there are no exchanged and no refunds, as they do not need multiple samples.
    I think it's time to be a big girl and GROW UP!

Jolie is a great hidden gem, there dresses are fantastic and the service is like no other, you truly feel at home!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_jolie-bridal-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:ddb0cdb8-b651-42bb-b07f-5371a8c06455Post:f4d869d2-42dc-437a-907b-8a45e62193c2">Re: Jolie Bridal reviews?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I saw an Impressions dress online and sent my cousin to buy the dress for me at Jolie's Bridal on St Claire. First I am a size 10, but bought a size 14 (as i was the only one left).  I was going to have it altered to fit me.  It turned out that I could barely fit into the size 14.  The way the dress was is not what it looked like online.  The sad part is that they refused to take it back to exchange or for a refund.  I'm mad because I feel like the dress was not the a genuine Impressions and I'm stuck with something I cant even wear.  $250.00 later, it's UGLY!!!!!!
    Posted by tinamandeya[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    nicoooooooooonicoooooooooo member
    First Comment
    edited September 2013
    I just went to Jolie Bridal today to see inexpensive gowns, and my experience with them was awesome! 
    The lady who helped me is Mary and she is friendly and helpful. There's one more lady who gave me advise with Mary and she is also nice.
    While Mary squeezes me into dresses, we were chatting stuff so I was relaxed in the entire time.
    They asked me my budget and a dress style that I like and they picked some gowns. Those gowns are wonderful and they offered me a good deal. My budget was $800 and the dress was $700 (from their second floor), so it was originally perfect. Anyways they said they won't charge tax and were willing to price down even more and ready to give me some accessories too for free (but they are not cheap ones). However, I didn't buy the dress because I had one more place that I wanted to go and check other gowns.
    They were still nice even after I told them so. Mary said that she is gonna give me more discount if I come back to their place.

The boutique isn't huge but has some nice dresses (of course!) and their 2nd floor's dresses are really inexpensive although not so many choices. The atmosphere is friendly which I liked and probably the price is negotiable.

I really recommend to check this place.  

• Options
    Jolie bridal is a rip off. I found many of their dresses at a much cheaper price at different stores. They also have extremely bad service. While I was trying on dresses the woman helping me kept opening the curtain and not giving me any privacy. I think 3 of the women who work there saw me in my underwear because she kept opening the curtains while I changed. They also said I would get my deposit back and then went back on tier word. DO NOT go here !!
  • Options
    I bought my dress from Jolie in September and had a wonderful experience. My fiance was with me, which I know isn't that common, but the ladies in the store had a blast with both of us. They also discounted the dress to fit my budget. A little post-shopping googling leads me to think it was about a 30% discount. 
    My dress doesn't come in till April so I can't speak to that end of things yet. But as for privacy, I had no problem with that. They stood on the other side of the curtain while I got in and out of the dresses, but a lot of gowns are quite involved so if you expect them not to see your underwear I think that's pretty unrealistic. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards