Canada-Ontario

Inexpensive Reception Locations?

Maid of Honour here :) ...Looking to find a reception location for about $40 pp in Toronto, or surrounding area. We're not doing open or cash bar, probably just a bottle of red and white on each table.

Anyone have any ideas, please? It'd be so appreciated!

Re: Inexpensive Reception Locations?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests? What time of day? (Brunch or lunch would be a lot easier to do for that price). How far out of Toronto are you willing to look?
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • EstherLovesNYEstherLovesNY member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe anywhere up to 90 minutes out of the city?

My bride and groom are unfortunately looking for dinner prices :( Their ceremony is during the day on October 16th, and it is for about 85-100 guests.

Maybe I can talk them into lunch.... but I figured this would be the place to ask if anyone knew of a dinner or a local catering company that would be that much!
  • edited December 2011
    If you look further north like Barrie and Orillia you might be able to find something.  I checked out a hotel in Orillia that my friend was married at (The Highwayman Inn) and they have packages for less than $40pp (that's from 2008 though).  Other hotels may have similar options.
  • onetieronetier member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On a Saturday night in Toronto, you won't find anything for that price... heck you can't even go to a restaurant and have dinner for that sort of pricing let alone a wedding.

My suggestion is maybe look at restaurants.

I'm assuming the date is firm.. but if not.. a Sunday or a Friday wedding would give you more options.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Esther - I'm ALSO looking for such a reception option and getting married in October (or so - very flexible). I've been keeping a Google doc on my options that I've looked up. Most of them are inns and cottage resorts, and they might be a little further away, but here's what I've found:

Tally-Ho Inn: $35/pp + wine and spec. occ. permit if needed
    Golden Beach Resort: $30/pp buffet plus wine
    Canadian Warplane Museum (Hamilton): $35/pp incl wine
    Victoria Inn: $30/pp plus wine
    West Wind Inn $40/pp - they're really flexible

If anyone has any ideas for me, let me know. I'm still looking... Maybe our 2 weddings should get together and sell out a place and get better rates for all?!
  • EstherLovesNYEstherLovesNY member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for all of your help and encouragement! :)

After a lot of searching, my best friend got her reception booked. It`s at a gorgeous banquet hall on the Danforth, and was customized to meet her price range. I`ll be going to see it in a week, so I will definitely let you know how it is cbogaart!
  • edited December 2011
    Try Hart House at U of T or other U of T venues. Really pretty and my friend got married there and managed to keep her costs way down.
  • mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try "The Lake House", its in Pickering I think, really beautiful and $60pp I think was the cost but of course if you do Friday or Sunday its cheaper.  Also Bluffers Restaurant in the Scarborough Bluffs.

there are so many places.  use eventsource.com for help
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards