Canada-Ontario
Options

free outdoor photo site?

Hey ladies! Does anyone know of any nice outdoor photo sites that do not require a permit in either Brampton or Mississauga? thanks!

Re: free outdoor photo site?

• Options
    All of the major city parks in Mississauga require photo permits:

http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/residents/photographyinparks

We paid for a permit to take pictures around the Bradley Museum and no one came to check.  I don't think I would have risked it though.

You could find a smaller park like Lake Wabukayne or Lake Aquitaine in Meadowvale.  Lake Wabukayne (Glen Erin and Britannia area -- behind St. Elizabeth Seton School) is actually pretty nice.  There's a small lake surrounded by forest pathways and a few little foot bridges  It's gorgeous with the changing leaves during the Fall.   My only other thought is walking along the Credit River in Streetsville: either off of Creditview Road (small gravel parking lot near Kenninghall Drive) or behind Vic Johnson Arena.  

Brampton's website was not as easy to navigate..  Here is the only information I could find:

Photography in Parks
    Brampton offers beautiful settings within our Parks for professional photography and wedding ceremonies. For these needs, residents will need to obtain a permit and schedule the event with the City of Brampton. For more information on the parks and availability, please contact the Rentals department by calling 3-1-1 or 905-874-BOOK (2665)

Good luck!
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I took my photos at Mississauga City Hall. Depending on the time of year you are getting married, they have an outdoor and indoor garden.
  • Options
    I believe the permit for the Brampton parks is only $10-$15.  Other than that...only other "free" places I can think of is the streets of downtown Brampton by the Rose Theatre.  Don't know if that helps. 

Where are you having your wedding/reception?
  • Options
    thanks ladies.My wedding will be in Mississauga (close to Square one) and reception will be Derry and Dixie.  I want to stay in Mississauga and Brampton for pics as we only have 2 hours between the ceremony and reception to take them and taking pics before is not an option for us
  • Options
    You could check out UTM, but I believe you need a permit.  Lots of outdoor spaces there!
  • Options
    I have the same question/problem. Our church is in brampton and the hall in woodbridge.

We are thinking about using Gage park, or this large mormon temple in brampton. I am not sure about permits though.   http://www.brampton.ca/en/Arts-Culture-Tourism/Back-to-Nature/Pages/Destination-Gardens.aspx

Even Chinguacousy Park, has beautiful trees, pathways, and some bridges over small streams.  http://www.brampton.ca/EN/residents/Community-Centres/DMG-Chinguacousy-Park/Pages/Welcome.aspx
  • Options
    The permits might not be that expensive, mine was in Markham $35 I believe...

There are outdoor locations downtown that are free, e.g. Queens Quay. But I don't know any in Mississauga. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards