Canada-Ontario

wedding planning failure

so we're getting married June 1, 2012 - I'm super excited; however, I've been so busy with work and finishing my Masters, that I'm not exactly on the ball. I'm now starting to freak out a little.
As of yesterday we have a venue. I have not decided if we're getting married at the venue or somehwere else.
I have talked to a DJ (the only one the venue uses so it's a given)
I emailed a photographer I like
Oh and I have a dress
that's pretty much it.... can I seriously pull this off in less than 9 months at this rate?

Re: wedding planning failure

• Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, you can!  I've had girlfriends who've planned it in less than 4 months.  The venue's the biggest part - everything else is gravy!!!  So you just have your photographer, the invites, transportation (?) and if you want to have them, wedding favours.  What else do you need?  What can we help you with?
  • unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you can totally pull this off. yes the venue is most important to book asap. the fact that you have this is great. as well having a dress already is fantastic. to be honest we didn't really plan and book a lot of stuff until about 4 months before the wedding. you'll be fine. you're totally on the right track with the things that you've looked into so far. my brother got engaged at the beginning of august and is getting married at the end of octorber so he has about 3 months to plan. if he can do it in 3 months i'm sure you can do it in 9! good luck!
  • achiduckachiduck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Of course you can! Plenty of brides here have pulled it off in much less time than 9 months. One on the Chit Chat board did it start to finish in 5 months.
    Anniversary
  • shaunaceyhshaunaceyh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies, it helps to hear from other people who are doing/have done all the planning! I'll keep ya posted on my progress (hopefully not a lack there of!)
  • edited December 2011
    I got engaged at the beginning of May and am getting married on February 18, so I had about 9 months.  At first I panicked a little, just like you but I haven't felt too stressed along the way with regards to timing, just the absurd amount of money this is going to cost!  You will be fine, just take it one thing at a time and you won't feel overwhelmed :)
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOTS of time - most bride have a big lull from October - February if their wedding is in the summer where not a lot needs to be done.  You have plenty of time!
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • vexievexie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got engaged November 12, 2010 and was married June 11, 2011.... it can be done :)
    You have a dress, a venue, a lead on a photographer and DJ... you're ahead of the game!   Nail down the location of the ceremony, the officiant and start figuring out the timing of the day so you can start creating invites... then start looking at bridesmaids/flowergirls dresses, flowers and any DIY projects you want.   The smaller details (what the ceremony will look in terms of music, readings etc, decorating, your accessories) can be done in the months leading up to the day.

Good luck!  You'll do just fine :)
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • edited December 2011
    I have pulled mine off in 6 months! I believe you can do it! Make a to-do list, stay focused and when people offer to help, take them up on it! You will be thankful for their help! Best wishes,

T

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in June 2012 as well, and only have the venue and church!! I'm not someone that stresses easily but, I should get dress shopping :) Don't stress you've got all the major taskes completed :) I'm in a similar position as you, with starting a career, finishing licensing courses and being in a new home... Just relax and have fun with the process, you only get this 'wedding' crazyness once! Enjoy it!!
    image 220 Are ready to party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got engaged in March and am getting married in December.  YOU CAN DO IT! :)
    Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards