Canada-Ontario

Does anyone know of any good (and not too expensive) bakeries near Burlington?

I'm just thinking ahead because I never really thought we'd have a wedding cake. I'm not a fan of cake, and with the late night buffet and all of the desserts, I just didn't think it was needed.

However, I might want to keep with tradition if I could find a decent place at a decent price. I don't know how much nice wedding cakes usually cost though. What would you pay, and is there anyone near Oakville/Burlington that you'd recommend?

Re: Does anyone know of any good (and not too expensive) bakeries near Burlington?

• edited December 2011
    yes, Lakeview Pastry in downtown burlington is supposed to be wonderful. LINK. We bought our cake (and desserts for the RD) from a small independent baker. Her website is currently under construction (oddly enough) but I have her contact information if you want it, you can PM me. She makes wonderful treats (she is in Mississauga and her food is also sold at Stoney's Food Company in Oakville).
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    2500 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yep.  We got someone in Hamilton for our wedding cake, $320 including delivery for a 3-tier cake.  We thought it was a pretty good price.  PM me if you want her name/contact info.

We also found someone good in Oakville, who we decided not to use but was a close runner-up.  Similar price - $340 for a buttercream 3-tier cake, $375 I think for a fondant 3-tier cake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards