Canada-Ontario

Rehearsal Dinner

So I'm having trouble deciding if I should invite the parents at all to the rehearsal dinner because my future motherzilla inlaw and her husband wants nothing to do with my FFIL (whom I've never met because he's from Europe). I think it so rediculous that woman is so demanding when she's not helping in anyway whatsover.  My parents are divorced but they are the best of friends so I have no issues with them sitting together at the wedding or being in the same room together. Why should my parents suffer just because my FMIL hates her ex???

arghhh....help!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well usually the rehearsal dinner follows the rehearsal, and is for the members of the wedding party and anyone else who is involved in the ceremony or reception.  I know this can extend for relatives and out of town guests as well, depending on your preference.  Are both sides of your family involved in the ceremony?  If not, you can exclude them based on ceremony people only if you really wanted to.  

I think you should invite both, however, because if not, they could cause drama on your actual wedding day instead.  What does your FI say, because it is his family, and if he wants them there, they should be there.  I think he needs to sit down with both of them separately and talk to them about behaving for your day together.  It sounds childish, but they'll probably get the point that you want them to "be good" if you have to speak to them at all.  They are adults, afterall!

• StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should invite everyone and it is your FMIL to decide whether or not she'll attend.  I don't know what went on in their relationship but if she can't set it aside for her son for the night then what kind of mother is she being to him?
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• edited December 2011
    I agree with the above post. They are adults and can work it out. Also, in my opinion, this is something your fiance should be worried about, not you. He should voice why inviting his father is important to him. It would make more of an impact on his mother and will show his mother that the two of you are united in your decisions (if that is at all an issue).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards