Canada-Ontario

Gift Ideas for Rehersal Dinner

I was hoping to give out gift to all the couples at the rehersal dinner.  I was going to get wine made with a custom label, but they only will do this in batches of 30 and I'm thinking I will only need about 12.  Anyway to make a long story short, I was hoping for some ideas of gifts to give to the people at the rehersal dinner as a thank you for all the work they have done to help us!  I am hoping to keep it on a tight budget and something creative.
Any ideas are appreciated.

Re: Gift Ideas for Rehersal Dinner

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most of the people usually attending the rehearsal dinner are part of the wedding party and close family, so I don't think you really need gifts for them that night - they will get a favour at the wedding anyway, plus usually the wedding party gets gifts anyway for just being a part of your day.  We got gifts for our parents as well.

Are you hosting the rehearsal yourself?  Sometimes a family member does, and if that's the case, you don't have to worry about it anyway! :)
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are they for your wedding party or for your family (or both)? Usually the thank-you gifts at the rehearsal dinner go from the bride to her MOH/bridesmaids, and from the groom to his groomsmen, and from the bride/groom to their parents. 

The wine sounds like a good idea... do you drink wine? If so, you can make the match of 30 and keep the rest for yourself.  Or do a white and red batch and give each couple two bottles.  In the past I have done winemaking with a friend and we just split the batch - that is another option.

What about just buying 12 bottles of wine at the LCBO and making your own labels (get them printed at Staples) for them?
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I didn't really read your post correctly - I thought you meant you just wanted to give gifts to people for coming to the dinner itself, not for all the wedding help.  Yes - definitely give those people a gift.  You can personalize it to each person, but if you are looking to keep costs down, the above suggestion would be great - it will ensure good quality wine, and creating your own labels allows you to personalize them to each couple!
  • unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think a bottle of wine sounds lovely and i would be happy with this. i don't think you need to personalize them. spend the money on getting nicer wines and just write a nice thank you card.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions.  I am not hosting the dinner and the only people that will be there have been big factors in the wedding.  I wanted to give them their gift that night at dinner... so that's why I was asking. (Bridesmaids, best man/ushers and parents)

Wine seems like a safe bet.  Any suggestions for mom?  and what about my 5 year old ring bearer and flower girl?? 
    Thanks for your help
  • edited December 2011
    We're going to give out these:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/54690507/bridal-party-11-glasses

Wine glasses for the women, pilsner glasses for the men.

Although we're surprising them the day of the wedding and using them as place markers intead of giving them out at the rehersal dinner.
    Anniversary

imageimage
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_gift-ideas-rehersal-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:f8c13bcc-8613-4285-8908-1461861f64a1Post:e2bfb715-bb47-4ec2-a8a6-9238b0b8fed4">Re: Gift Ideas for Rehersal Dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the suggestions.  I am not hosting the dinner and the only people that will be there have been big factors in the wedding.  I wanted to give them their gift that night at dinner... so that's why I was asking. (Bridesmaids, best man/ushers and parents) Wine seems like a safe bet.  Any suggestions for mom?  and what about my 5 year old ring bearer and flower girl??  Thanks for your help
    Posted by mandy1023[/QUOTE]

Mom: A photo album that you will fill with wedding pictures once the wedding is over?  Tickets to a theatre show or sports game?

Kids: Things they can use... dress-up jewellery, pyjamas with their favourite sports hero/TV character, colouring books and stickers... for this I would shop like it's their birthday or Christmas and get something they will enjoy because they won't "get" the idea of something sentimental.
  • edited December 2011
    D@ixie: I love those glasses, OMGosh they are too cute... I think I might just end up doing that for the rehearsal dinner... great idea, and thanks for sharing
    @Mandy: I think the wine is also a great idea, you can personalize it with your own label.
    October 2012 Sig: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    In Progress Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lauryan26Lauryan26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to have our bridesmaid/groomsmen gifts.  On top of that we have a friend who is picking up and delivering the cupcakes - she will receive bottles of wine in her hotel room (one red/one white).  My cousin is reading the intercessions during the ceremony and is from England and will be here for a few weeks vacation - we'll get him some nice Canadian alcohol.  For the parents, they will receive framed 8x10s of our engagement photos and a thank you letter.  Our grandparents who are doing the readings during the ceremony will also receive framed engagement photos and letters.  My brother will also be attending; however, he is not in the bridal party - he will also get a framed engagement photo for his support, I don't want him to be left out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards