Canada-Ontario

Hotel Blocks for Guests

Hello Ladies,
Question about hotel blocks for out of town guests. Is it bad to have too many hotel options? I don't want our guests to have to pay an arm and a leg to stay over night somewhere so I wanted to block a couple hotels and maybe even some rooms at UOT/Ryerson residence so they have price range options.
Our ceremony is near Yonge and Queen, reception is near Danforth and Broadview so they are spread out (I think). We have reserved rooms at Delta Chelsea so far and are considering Yorkville Marriot (199.99 a night!!)
So is it ok to have a few options and if so do you have any suggestions for other hotels in or around our locations (keeping in mind $$).
Thanks in advance! Smile

Re: Hotel Blocks for Guests

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think one or two options is nice, more than that is probably overkill. It would just get confusing. If you want to do two, I'd block one in the $120-$150/night range and another closer to $200/night.

Your guests can always ask you or other family members in town if they're not interested in either option. If you have a wedding website, maybe you could list a few more options in various price ranges, but (unless your wedding is the weekend of a big in-town event, like the Pride Parade?) I don't think it's necessary to reserve blocks everywhere. You could also add a note that there are lots of other options in town and please feel free to contact you if they'd like more information. For example, some people might be interested in staying closer to other family members who don't live downtown so they can carpool or something.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i blocked 2 hotels for the price ranges. one hotel was $120 a room and the other was $180 a room. i just wanted to give guest some options. though i know some of my guests are booking other hotels too. i think it's good to give 2 options due to price range and if people want to stay elsewhere it's up to them.
  • StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We blocked a hotel at $120/night and then said if you want different options, to contact us.  Some people have contacted us for a boutique hotel option in the $200+/night range but most people like the hotel we picked.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• DianneTODianneTO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies for the advice and insight! I am having a hard time finding anything under $100 so we have two hotels block that are both above $175 and I am looking into one that is a bit further away under $125.
    Hope people are ok with it. I spoke to someone at Ryerson res and they rent out cheap rooms. Some of my yonger OOT guests might end up there :)

Thanks again!
  • mashavoomashavoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try bed and breakfast accomadations..thats what im doing..its better for guest who don't like hotels
    Mashavoo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards