Canada-Ontario

How many cupcakes do I budget? Also really good Coupon for $50 worth of cupcakes (buy for $25)

We were planning to have an intimate wedding of 30 which now has grown to  65 (had no idea how political these things are!).

For the cupcakes at the dessert bar, do I budget for one each person or three like my friends are telling me?

Was thinking of using this coupon:

Seems pretty good $50 voucher for $25. 

Re: How many cupcakes do I budget? Also really good Coupon for $50 worth of cupcakes (buy for $25)

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Three? - lol @ your friends.

OK, so it depends:

How big are they?
    How many flavours?
    Will there be other desserts? (I assume yes since you said dessert bar)
    How much food will you have at dinner? (Will people be really full by the time dessert rolls around?)

Assuming that they're normal-sized cupcakes and you're getting one flavour, I'd budget maybe 1.5pp - maybe 2pp max if you want to be safe. If you're having multiple flavours, I'd bump it up to 2pp since people will be more likely to take one of each flavour. Obviously, if they're mini cupcakes, you'll need more. Your friends may want to eat three each, but there will also be people who don't take one at all, or share one with their date.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had cupcakes at our wedding. There were 2 flavours, and they were regular sized (not mini but not huge either).

For 250 guests, we ordered 200 cupcakes, and there were PLENTY left.

My MIL originally said to order 300, so glad we didn't!
  • zeitgeist1945zeitgeist1945 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh thats good to hear. I, too thought 3 would be a bit much!
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they're normal-sized cupcakes I'd say one per person.  Especially if you are having dinner/other food and other desserts.  Mini cupcakes - maybe 2-3 per person.  Personally I would feel rude eating more than one cupcake when I knew it was the wedding cake, to make sure everyone has a chance to get one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards