Pennsylvania-Central

Quality, affordable seamstresses

Hey gals,

So I've heard horror stories about the prices to get dresses altered at Davids Bridal (that's where I got my wedding dress from, and my bridesmaids dresses as well), and I'm hoping to find a more affordable seamstress in the area that can do quality work.

Any suggestions?

Re: Quality, affordable seamstresses

• edited December 2011
    Country Threads by Gail in Manheim is amazing and her prices are very reasonable. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • queserasera84queserasera84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Country Threads by Gail. I used her for my bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding last October, and I'm going to use her for my wedding dress. First fitting in a few weeks.

She's easy to work with and her prices are very reasonable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • h_pearsonh_pearson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    My bridesmaids and I went to Sewing By Lois in Rhoherstown (on Marietta ave) in Lancaster. She is amazing and aparently on the lower end pricewise.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Where are you located? I bought my dress at J&B in Chambersburg and used Brenda Forney in Fayetteville on the store's recommendation. She is amazingly fast, accommodating, and inexpensive. Adding straps, taking in the top, and letting out the hips only cost $55!

Her # is 717-401-0026.
  • edited December 2011

AAA Sewing and vacuum has some reputable folks.

• h_pearsonh_pearson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I got married back in October (so long ago! haha) and I used Leaf of Eve in Enola. I didn't need any alterations except a 3 point bustle, and that was $24!  For my brother's wedding in April of 2009, my mom's dress and my dress needed minor alterations for fit and it was less than $70.  I think it's reasonable and Debbie is really super nice! :D

• Like others have said.  She's very accomodating and reasonably priced.  

I traveled from Martinsburg, WV multiple times for the appointments, all the way to Chambersburg, PA (45 mins each way).  

Totally worth it!!! 

Some staff at Bridal shops are snobby, care about money, and then want to help you.  

Brenda is the complete opposite.  She is funny, honest, and pleasant to be around.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards