Canada-Ontario

Tell us about Your Cake

Hey, all out of curiousity and sharing useful info, do share with us about your cake, if you would..

Vendor: ?

Serves how many: ?

Cost: ?

Delivery charge: ?

Why did you choose this vendor: ?

Other details: ?

Re: Tell us about Your Cake

• orangecrayonorangecrayon member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vendor: Icakes (iressestible cakes) on 4040 steeles west

Serves how many: 150

Cost: 760

Delivery charge: included

Why did you choose this vendor: they were the only one who put a crystal ball in the cake

Other details: one of a kind cake, they only make 6 of them a year
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vendor: Robyn Ward

Serves how many: 150

Cost: $250

Delivery charge: $25

Why did you choose this vendor: She did my friend's cake and I loved the taste of it as well as make good cakes for an affordable cost

Other details:  r_e_ward@live.com

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vendor: The Wedding Cake Shoppe http://theweddingcakeshoppe.com/

Serves how many: I don't actually remember. Maybe 90? (I had 160 guests but we were going to ask the venue to cut small slices. They didn't. But that's a whole other story.)

Cost: Somewhere around $400 I think

Delivery charge: included

Why did you choose this vendor: Her cakes are DELICIOUS - lots of flavours to choose from, and even the fondant tasted good!

Other details: We were super proud because our baker ended up on one of those Food Network Challenge shows to design a birthday cake (they came in 2nd). We went back a year later and they made us an anniversary cake. Amazing cupcakes too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vendor: Inn on the twenty

Serves how many: 70

Cost: $500

Delivery charge: none

Why did you choose this vendor: Because my venue is there and they have an in-house baker so it was easiest.

Other details: If I brought in an outside vendor cake I would have to pay a cake cutting fee which would have added up to quite a lot.
  • edited December 2011
    Vendor:Andy's Cakes  LINK Our cake is the 29th (I think) in her portfolio (there is a pic in my married bio too)...we did chocolate cake, chocolate ganache, with vanilla meringue buttercream. I ate the leftovers for a week. 
    Serves how many: 104 - 2 real tiers, 2 fake.
    Cost: $425 
    Delivery charge: ? I got it discounted as part of a contest but it wasn't much.
    Why did you choose this vendor: I wanted a small, independent baker. Plus her tasting was free and I wanted to die after I tasted her baking. 
    Other details: She also did our baked goods for our rehearsal dinner. And, as I mentioned, her food was to die for. 
  • StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vendor: Just Temptations (in Mississauga)

Serves how many: 120 for the actual cake (3 tiers, 1 fake tier) + slabs for 150 people for dinner service.

Cost: For all of it $510

Delivery charge: If there was one, it was nominal, like $20 or something.

Why did you choose this vendor: Loved their cakes, BMs friend worked there too.

Other details: They are really easy to work with and help you make adjustments that make the cake design fit within your budget.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• edited December 2011
    Vendor:  iCakes

Serves how many:  140

Cost: $444 with taxes

Delivery charge: $40 I think...we're a bit north of the GTA

Why did you choose this vendor: they had a 50th anniversary special going on at a bridal show in Jan and their cake was the best we'd tried (after 2 separate bridal shows, so we'd sampled a few!)  Biggest reason though is that they are a nut free bakery which is near impossible to find.  My bro is deathly allergic so this was a huge selling point for us!

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vendor:  The Cakes & Sweets Designer - Daniela MierServes how many: 100Cost: $300Delivery charge: Not in the GTAWhy did you choose this vendor: Independent, great prices, sweet girl, did exactly what I wanted, delicious cake!
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vendor: Cake & Loaf (Hamilton) www.cakeandloaf.ca

Serves how many: 120

Cost: $350 but there are a ton of flowers which are separate and cost ~$140.

Delivery charge: $20

Why did you choose this vendor: Delicious cake flavours, local to me, small bakery, organic ingredients and fresh fruit, good price.

• naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_tell-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:ffdda5ae-f0bb-4859-8891-32f1995e2fe8Post:36f812ce-92b2-491e-a6f9-2a597bf41c1b">Re: Tell us about Your Cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]Vendor: Icakes (iressestible cakes) on 4040 steeles west Serves how many: 150 Cost: 760 Delivery charge: included Why did you choose this vendor: they were the only one who put a crystal ball in the cake Other details: one of a kind cake, they only make 6 of them a year
    Posted by zeinas[/QUOTE]

So you mean it's a six-of-a-kind cake?  ;)
  • orangecrayonorangecrayon member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well the design is quite unique, there hasn't been another cake out there that resembles/has what we've ordered. so to that extent yes it is one of a kind, and it's very rare because they only make six.
  • edited December 2011
    Vendor: Weil's Bakery in Hamilton

Serves how many: 160

Cost: $388, including delivery and cake stand for the day

Delivery charge: included in above

Why did you choose this vendor: Best Chocolate Butter Cream I've ever tasted.

Other details: We had 3 flavours of cupcakes, plus a small round cake for us to cut. Weil's were fantastic. Everyone keeps raving about the cupcakes.
    The flowers as a cake topper came from our florist.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards