Catholic Weddings

Good News, Everyone!

What's good in your life?

(Also, bonus points to anyone who gets the reference in the title of this thread!)
Anniversary

Re: Good News, Everyone!

• oh! I thought you were about to make a big annoucement to us! :-(
    Anniversary
  • So many things, but on the forefront is that my mom and sisters are visiting this weekend for my bridal shower and bachelorette party.  They're coming up on Friday evening, so we can have a little time to hang out just the 5 of us before the craziness of the weekend!  I'm so glad that they were all able to make it, now that we're all getting older I don't necessarily get to see all of my sisters every time I visit my parents. 
  • I know, I thought of that when I posted.

I just want to hear some bragging.

Today is my parents' 31st anniversary.  It's also the first one that they've been able to celebrate together in four years!
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_good-news-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:0a07036e-0c97-434c-bc55-d6a8377ae979Post:dad02927-e3db-46c6-9915-e03b5f0ff747">Re: Good News, Everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh! I thought you were about to make a big annoucement to us! :-(
    Posted by lalaith50[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I thought too when I saw the title of the thread!
  • I got a promotion last week!!! Woot!

erin - that's awesome - I'm so lucky to live close to my sisters and parents... I don't know how I'd manage without them nearby. I can understand your excitement!

professor - congrats to your parents! My parents' 37th anniversary was a couple of weeks ago. We're arranging a nice dinner for them this weekend.
  • Professor, I got ALL excited....you rascal!

Congrats on all the excitement :)  My parents will celebrate their 45th this year.  I can't wait til their 50th!

My good news is still H getting a job.  Oh, and my sister is due in about 7 weeks, which I'm super excited for!  She isn't finding out what she's having, which is driving me crazy!  This will be H and my 22nd niece/nephew.  Crazy, huh? 

• so i feel dumb, what's the thread title a reference to?
  • Haha, it's from my favorite TV show Futurama.  The Professor always says that.  =)
    Anniversary

• I found the purple paci! Okay, it's a little thing, but I lost it the day I took it out of the cabinet without ever leaving the house. I've turned the place upside down looking for it (matter of principle), and yesterday, I was playing with C in the nursery, and there it was under the crib!

It's going to be a good day! I've had a great, relaxing (well, as relaxing as it gets these days!) morning, am meeting the fam for lunch and am chilling with H tonight. (It's my b'day, but I hate being all AW-y about it -- yeah, I'm that girl. Last year, my co-workers didn't even know it happened.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Coco1988Coco1988 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Had the delight of listening to a live presentation called Reclaiming the Culture of Marriage, one of the speakers was professor Teresa Collett and she was so eloquent and spot on in her points about why traditional marriage is so important. It made me fearful for the future of marriage, but also made me feel honored to be entering into the sacrament of marriage soon and hopefully perpetuating what it is designed for. I feel blessed to have been raised in a home where this standard is the norm and is respected, after seeing the stats last night for our particular state it looks like that is not really the norm for our region. 
  • Happy bday Biblio!!

• edited September 2012
    Happy Birthday!

Mine was Saturday. I received very generous birthday money from my future mother in law, so I treated myself to some new fall clothes and boots. My Fiace also bought me a wonderful new camera lens!! I went all camera happy on Sunday and took a bunch of pictures. I felt so loved and spoiled for my 25th. :)

Here's an "awww" photo for you, My fiance and his nieces. This picture makes me melt every time:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_good-news-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:0a07036e-0c97-434c-bc55-d6a8377ae979Post:0fa64424-4015-43da-8d93-8952bd832341">Re: Good News, Everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got a promotion last week!!! Woot!
    Posted by Riss91[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Woot indeed! Congrats!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_good-news-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:0a07036e-0c97-434c-bc55-d6a8377ae979Post:c49d1046-a3a8-4add-a799-bcf97540edec">Re: Good News, Everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Had the delight of listening to a live presentation called Reclaiming the Culture of Marriage, one of the speakers was professor Teresa Collett and she was so eloquent and spot on in her points about why traditional marriage is so important. It made me fearful for the future of marriage, but also made me feel honored to be entering into the sacrament of marriage soon and hopefully perpetuating what it is designed for. I feel blessed to have been raised in a home where this standard is the norm and is respected, after seeing the stats last night for our particular state it looks like that is not really the norm for our region. 
    Posted by Coco1988[/QUOTE]

<div>That sounds fantastic :)

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Christina, how cute!
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_good-news-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:0a07036e-0c97-434c-bc55-d6a8377ae979Post:c49d1046-a3a8-4add-a799-bcf97540edec">Re: Good News, Everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Had the delight of listening to a live presentation called Reclaiming the Culture of Marriage, one of the speakers was professor Teresa Collett and she was so eloquent and spot on in her points about why traditional marriage is so important. It made me fearful for the future of marriage, but also made me feel honored to be entering into the sacrament of marriage soon and hopefully perpetuating what it is designed for. I feel blessed to have been raised in a home where this standard is the norm and is respected, after seeing the stats last night for our particular state it looks like that is not really the norm for our region. 
    Posted by Coco1988[/QUOT

I wish I could have heard this speech. 
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited September 2012
    @Coco - Dr. Collette is fantastic!  She certainly knows her stuff :)  I went to her talk at a Theology on Tap most recently!

@Riss - congrats!  

For good news in my neck of the woods... my youngest sister and I are having fun planning a baby shower for my other sister.  I think this was my last year of attending a whole bunch of weddings and now the baby showers are starting... woohoo!!
  • I must have been actually taking care of my child yesterday and missed this thread. Huh... how 'bout that ;)

Good news... Little mister is back to his good ol' self again after having strep last week. The sun is shining. And the season premiere of The Office is tonight. :)

Biblio - Happy Birthday (yesterday)! I'm the totaly opposite and basically shout from the mountaintops when it is my birthday ;)

Prof - I also was tricked by your title. But love the Futurama refrence.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• GOOD NEWS!! I totally got the reference. Futurama is FI's favorite cartoon, and we have watched every episode on Netflix. I actually really love it now :) 

I did expect this to have something different in it though.

Yay anniversaries!! My parents' isn't until November. And that picture of your FI with his nieces is adorable.

My good news is that I found a place to live in New York! Moving up October 1st. :) It is finally feeling real!

We went to a wedding in St. Louis (the last of the season- realized we've been to 6 this year!) and it was ah-mah-zing. I took lots of notes. And am thankful that our wedding is far enough out that people probably won't notice the similarities. :) Haha.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_good-news-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:0a07036e-0c97-434c-bc55-d6a8377ae979Post:595b2f3e-e592-48a5-8808-4c906f9d8121">Re: Good News, Everyone!</a>:
    [QUOTE]GOOD NEWS!! I totally got the reference. Futurama is FI's favorite cartoon, and we have watched every episode on Netflix. I actually really love it now :)  I did expect this to have something different in it though. Yay anniversaries!! My parents' isn't until November. And that picture of your FI with his nieces is adorable. My good news is that I found a place to live in New York! Moving up October 1st. :) It is finally feeling real! We went to a wedding in St. Louis (the last of the season- realized we've been to 6 this year!) and it was ah-mah-zing. I took lots of notes. And am thankful that our wedding is far enough out that people probably won't notice the similarities. :) Haha.
    Posted by sarahdactyI[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Yaaaaaay!  H and I adore the show.  We're actually in each other's phones as "HUSBAND" and "WIFE," which is a more obscure reference, but it still makes us giggle.</div><div>
    </div><div>And how exciting about weddings!  I can't wait for more regs to get married -- I'm ready for pics!</div>
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards