Catholic Weddings

NWR: NFP thermometers

Hi!  I'm getting married in October and learning NFP (symptothermal) now.  I got the TCOYF book after reading about it here, and it seems simple enough... except the thermometer.  I got one digital one from Walgreens that wouldn't even turn on, then another digital that was very inaccurate and changed one minute to the next.

I'm thinking of getting the couple to couple league one now, but I don't want another dud.

I'm hoping that you ladies can recommend a thermometer that has worked for you and where you got it.  Digital or glass? If glass, does it bother you that it takes longer to get a temperaure?

Thanks for any advice!

Re: NWR: NFP thermometers

• This is the one I have and have had good luck with:

http://www.amazon.com/Nexcare-524560-Basal-Digital-Thermometer/dp/B006F5BCLA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358346013&sr=8-1&keywords=basal+thermometer

I didn't have luck with the thermometers from the pharmacies or Target.
  • I don't use STM, but I've heard good things about the CCL thermometer! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use the couple to couple league one and it has worked well for me.
  • I bought the one Riss linked to and it works great.

FYI, when I got it, there was a disclaimer that it is apparently NOT the thermometer Amazon says it is, but that it works just as well.  That was two years ago so hopefully it's been worked out?
    Anniversary

• i have a very reliable and accurate one that i also got from Couple to Couple LEague for only about $10.  my CVS one never worked right.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_nwr-nfp-thermometers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:0d652c30-25e6-4243-8760-c79e55db0ae2Post:f8959c40-19c5-4858-824e-0c3ac11f30bc">Re: NWR: NFP thermometers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought the one Riss linked to and it works great. FYI, when I got it, there was a disclaimer that it is apparently NOT the thermometer Amazon says it is, but that it works just as well.  That was two years ago so hopefully it's been worked out?
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

The "BD" Brand sold their thermometer division to Nexcare - so I think that the disclaimer was during the transition between companies.
  • Tangent:   just found myfertilitymd app

Uses creighton terms, has doctors that respond to you, (immediately in my case).
    Also allows for other confirmation data like temp, etc.
  • Carrie - that's really cool! Does the app only show your stats in a "calendar" format, or does it have options for a "chart"?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_nwr-nfp-thermometers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:0d652c30-25e6-4243-8760-c79e55db0ae2Post:7eaf753e-2b39-4338-9fb9-567b434cc71d">Re: NWR: NFP thermometers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Carrie - that's really cool! Does the app only show your stats in a "calendar" format, or does it have options for a "chart"?
    Posted by Riss91[/QUOTE]

<div>only calendar, which I do not like.</div><div>
    </div><div>I wanted to use this just to record stuff as I remember it, and have it with me at all times.</div><div>I'm not giving up creighton at all. </div>
  • My friend designed an app that is ready to go for Creighton, but Creighton won't sign off on it. I'm hoping enough people would request it that they will give in. It can have quality control and passwords built in it so that the proper methods, follow ups, and permissions happen 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_nwr-nfp-thermometers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:0d652c30-25e6-4243-8760-c79e55db0ae2Post:36062030-ea4e-40aa-89a0-fd4a99eb99da">Re: NWR: NFP thermometers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NWR: NFP thermometers : I'm going to PM you my email - PLEASE keep me posted on when this app goes live!  I also know other women using Creighton that may be interested.
    Posted by TXKristan[/QUOTE]

<div>They are extremely resistent to it. I emailed them with a request for it. Everyone who wants one should so. </div>
  • Carrie - where were you able to find that app?  I just tried searching for it on my droid and didn't find anything by that name.

I sometimes chart on my phone with the app "Charting App."  It wasn't designed for Creighton alone as it has a few extra options that Creighton doesn't use, but it does have all the same stickers and most of the terms.  Also allows me to enter my own terms so I can chart exactly the same way I would on my paper chart.  I don't use it a lot, just when I travel and don't want to bring my chart with me.
  • Thank you for all of the responses!  It looks like the Couple to Couple league one is "BD" brand which Riss says is now the same as the Nexcare one that the Amazon link goes to.  
    High hopes for that one then!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards