Catholic Weddings
Options

FOCCUS

When did you girls go over your FOCCUS tests? I thought we would end up going over it at Pre-Cana, but we finished that 2 weeks ago and haven't even touched on it.Does it vary by parish? Or will the priest touch on it?
imageimage

Re: FOCCUS

• Options
    yankees320yankees320 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took ours about 2 weeks ago, and it was in the priest's hand at our final meeting this past weekend. All he told us was that we were between 83-100% agreement on all topics and there was no need to discuss.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a separate appointment with the Deacon we originally took it with.
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    canary11canary11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took it in November and still have no idea what they're doing with the results.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whoever helped you take the FOCCUS test should be the one going over it with you. They take your answers, put them in a computer, get your results, and then you discuss them based on your answers and how well you did. We had to wait a week, but we had made the follow-up appointment when we took the test originally. I'd contact the person who administered the test to see what's up.
    greenbaby
    BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The priest gave us the test, and we have a meeting with him next week to get our dispensation (FI isn't Catholic)...maybe we'll go over it then or at the next meeting.
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and took it in April and went over the results privately with our priest at the end of June.  He had told us that we should have it done before attending Pre-Cana, so we are good to go since we go to Pre-Cana in September.Can you ask your priest if he will be going over it with you? Maybe you and FI did so well that he doesn't feel it necessary to go over it? :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    tnspighttnspight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are under the Archdiocese of Detroit and our church is relatively small.  We took the test individually after our initial meeting with our priest.  Every meeting afterward consisted of discussing the answers where we disagreed.  Fr also gave us copies of the results sheet that showed each topic and our level of agreement.  We did one premarriage class at a local university 2.5 hours $100.
  • Options
    rdixon2005rdixon2005 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It really amazes me how much Pre-cana and preparation is different from diocese to diocese. My FI and I had an entire year of prep. Meeting with our deacon, FOCCUS, meeting with a sponosor couple to go over FOCCUS, NFP Classes, Marriage Prep Classes, the Engaged encounter and another meeting with our Deacon, before all is said and done. We live in Colorado Springs. Our wedding is in Ohio (where both of our families are from) and there was only one class and two meetings with the priest/deacon. If you are interested in the results of your FOCCUS, ask your priest about it. Even though my FI and I we pretty much on the same page about everything it was nice to have the excuse to have the dialoge about some of these things. Like really when is it a good time to tell your FI that you are afraid that if you have children your FMIL will try to take over the parenting ect...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I took FOCCUS at our church, but didn't review our results until we set up a meeting with a Catholic Counselor that is affiliated with our church at an alternate location. SHE WAS AMAZING! Not only did we touch on some points of discussion we needed to prior to our wedding, but we got advice on how to handle things from our past in order to have a happy marriage (ex: my parents divorce).
    Kassidy's Mommy www.kelsjohnston.blog.com Baby Kassidy born sleeping on 11.5.2012 Rainbow Baby due 9.20.13 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards