Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Outdoor wedding venue help!

I was wondering if anyone could help me out.  I really want to have my wedding at the Riverdale Manor but they do not have any dates that work for us in 2012 and I do not want to put it off for another year.  I liked how their pavilion was set up and was wondering if there are any other venues like that.  I haven't found any, thought maybe someone can lead me to one that is similar.  

Re: Outdoor wedding venue help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never seen Riverdale Manor, but my reception location is on a golf course and has a ceremony site on the course... so it's outside.  It's called Royal Manchester Golf Links
  • Options
    slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH dear I am so sorry you couldn't get the Riverdale. That is where my wedding is being held.
    The only other place that I found similar in my venue search was the Cameron Estate Inn in Mount Joy. It has that large open feeling surrounded by woods. It is slightly smaller than the Riverdale.

We didn't have much choice of dates at the Riverdale either. It books fast.
    Did you ever considering pushing the wedding back to a date they have avaliable?
    I highly recommend going with the Riverdale if you can. The cost is great (compared to many places I've looked at) and the place is beautiful.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck at Riverdale! We are going to see the Park Inn this weekend, It used to be the Holiday Inn West. They have an outdoor ceremony area we are excited to see! I don't know their pricing yet but a coowrker was married there and I have heard good things.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Curious to hear your thoughts after you see the Park Inn.  If you're not tied to keeping it in the lancaster area, here are a few locations that might strike your fancy depending on the number of guests you're having: Hershey Hotel, Lauxmont Farms or Gardens in Wrightsville, Peter Allen House in Dauphin, Stone Mill Inn near Columbia, Founders Hall area at Milton Hershey School,  and lastly Lodge at Blue Ridge Summit near Waynesboro.  We were leaning heavily towards Riverdale as well but then saw the Lodge at Blue Ridge Summit and it was perfect for what we were looking for.  Good Luck:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your help.  I am going to try to get to see the Fallen Tree Farm in Carlisle.  It looks beautiful on the website, I hope I feel the same way when I see it.  I just want to finally find a place!  I did look at the Lauxmont Farms and well it is so far away from everything.  I wanted to find a place where it is close enough to a hotel that I can have a shuttle for those guests who want to enjoy themselves and not have to drive back to their hotel.  Looked at Stone Mill Inn and loved the grounds but I didn't like the low ceilings in the reception area.  Was at a wedding at Peter Allen house and didn't like how they set up the tent for the reception and the place I thought was way too expensive for what you get.I will look at the Lodge at Blue Ridge that is one I didn't hear about. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know. Again thank you so much!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding was at Pheasant Run B&B.  It was gorgeous and reasonably priced!  Not sure how similar it is to Riverdale - they had no openings for us either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!
    We visited the Park Inn and were really surpirsed! Right next to the ballrooms is a great outdoor area that is beautiful! It has a tent, gazebo, gorgeous flowers and amazing spots for pictures with bridges, waterfall and stream. You would never know it's there because it's hidden from the road. Their packages were really good and include a lot. We didn't book with them because we want to check out some of these other places I have heard mentioned in these posts, but it is up at the top right now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_outdoor-wedding-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:107Discussion:1382deab-54e1-46ff-9bea-0d369afd51ecPost:ffa33062-d20d-4d06-aee7-f9d8626ca8bd">Re: Outdoor wedding venue help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding was at Pheasant Run B&B.  It was gorgeous and reasonably priced!  Not sure how similar it is to Riverdale - they had no openings for us either.
    Posted by Nifftiffniffer[/QUOTE]

I second Pheasant Run
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards