Catholic Weddings
Options

PSA

Incense renders a lovely choir not so lovely. Or, at least makes them very uncomfortable and hoarse. Especially if your wedding is a 2-hour Latin High Mass.
Baby Birthday Ticker
Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w

Re: PSA

• Options
    bel138bel138 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Byzantine Liturgy uses incense liberally every week, and we've never had a problem. Maybe it was the length of the Mass? But our Easter Liturgy was 3 hours this year and still sounded beautiful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, if your choir sings in that environment every week maybe they're used to it. All I know is that I was very hoarse after. We sounded OK but definitely not as good as we normally are.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    ring, do you guys sing up in teh choir loft or are you located near the altar?  maybe that matters... ours are up in the loft, and i dont think the smoke ever gets up there. incense is the part i like least about Mass.  its awlays made me sneeze, ever since i was a kid.
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might be right about the choir loft, calypso. Actually at the church I regularly attend, we don't have incense every week; we only do it on special feast days. But I was singing at a friend's wedding this past weekend, and we were right at the front. Lovely wedding though... I had never been to a full Latin High Mass before though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
  • Options
    Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh, that's not fun at all! Our choir never has a problem - it's most likely due to the structure and setup of the church. Maybe you could have a fan around to keep the incense from attacking you!
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    the latin is beautiful.  i much prefer it to the novus ordo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards