Catholic Weddings
Options

NFP question

So I finally got around to reading TCOYF, and it said that alcohol consumption can affect basal body temperature.  How much alcohol are we talking about?  If I drink a small amount of wine/beer consistently, will it all even out? 

Re: NFP question

• Options
    Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My thought is that if you're having a glass of wine with dinner pretty much every night, then your temperatures would be consistently affected and it wouldn't be a problem. That being said, I usually try not to drink any alcohol for the week before O and until O is confirmed, because I want to be extra careful.

Of course this has resulted in rumors being spread that I'm pregnant since I'm not drinking at party....when it's actually because I'm trying to avoid pregnancy. Oh the irony!

On fertility friend, there is a place where you can mark your chart for alcohol consumption. I haven't been able to tell whether or not it's affected my temperature all that much.
  • Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't drink a whole lot (like 1-2 beers a week).  But when I do drink, I haven't noticed my BBT changing that much.  I had a beer last night at a basketball game, and my BBT dropped by 1 tenth this morning.

I had a daquiri on Sunday with dinner (it was my birthday, so FI was spoiling me!), and the next day my BBT went up by a tenth.  But on days when I don't drink, it fluctuates by 1-2 tenths until O when it goes up by 4-5 tenths.  So I have personally not noticed an effect with the amount that I drink.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Whew, I guess I can do NFP then!  Woo hoo!
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    yeah you are good with one or two max.  the nights i get completely loaded my temp is artificialy high the next am.  but as long as you track adn understand that's why you had the high temp, youll be fine.  besides you need the 3 days of high temps - so even if you had the high temp, the next day it most likely will be low.  but if its high again, then id just wait for 4 days of high temps to be safe.
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From what my CCL teacher said, as long as it's consumed in a consistent amount and in consistent time, then you should be fine.  But the best way if you're very curious is to do a scientific experiment and make a control for the drinking and see if temperatures shift.  You being a physician, it may even be fun to try for a cycle or two!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards