Catholic Weddings

PSA, once again

If you have a blog, please do everything possible to keep it private.

I bumped into one of you ladies accidently tonight.  I really don't want to know that  much about you although Bridge over Troubled Waters is one of my favorites as well.

Private is the key word here.

Re: PSA, once again

• Why does it matter? Some people want people to read their blogs...
    Anniversary
  • i dont get it?  arent blogs supposed to be read?
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    I think oot has a point that we should all be very careful about what personal information people can link to. Some blogs are meant for more public viewing, but some aren't.

Please check your siggys and your bios and make sure that you aren't giving away too much personal information. It's often best to keep yourself as anonymous as possible on these boards. Unfortunatley there are people that will use this information maliciously.

Also, as another reminder - it is against the Knot TOS to expose any personal information you may find about a knottie. So, if you do see something personal DO NOT SHARE IT. Let the knottie know what info is out there in a PM.

Thanks!
  • I'm sure no one would be surprised this is about me. I debated whether to answer, because I'm not trying to stir anything up, but there is nothing that is a problem in that blog.

-My blog is known among my friends/colleagues...and there is nothing specific in it. It is meant to be read. I have no reason to keep it private. One particular entry is modeled after a talk that was given at a youth conference...people encouraged that it be posted too.

-the creepiness is getting a bit much... I wonder how it could "accidentally" be bumped into.

-If you didn't want to know that much about me, why scroll halfway down the page through 5 entries?

And Riss, that's an interesting rule that I didn't know existed. I've seen mods publicly state they found me by google, and that they were pming each other the info.

• Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    This is from the Mod Duties:
    Personal Information- Delete any post where a person’s personal information is being given without their consent. This includes name, telephone number, address, email address, work information, etc.

This is from the TOS for all users [click for full list]:

Online behavior requires common sense and basic etiquette. Accordingly, here are some rules that you agree to follow:

• No strong, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise harmful language.
    • No racially, ethnically or otherwise, objectionable language.
    • No harassing, intimidating, stalking, or threatening other community members.
    • No libelous, defamatory, or otherwise tortuous language.
    • No online vandalism. This includes using abusive language and repeatedly hitting the return key in the chat room, or otherwise acting in a manner that negatively impacts the ability to engage in real time exchanges.
    • No impersonating any person, including, but not limited to, other community members or employees of The Knot.
    • No posting, distributing, transmitting, or promoting illegal content.
    • No invasion of another's privacy.
    • No actions that are harmful to minors.
    • No manipulation or forging of identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information posted on The Knot site or otherwise provided to The Knot or its employees.
    • No posting, providing, transmitting, or otherwise making available any information (such as inside, proprietary or confidential information) that you do not have a right to make available due to contract, fiduciary duty, or operation of law.
    • No posting, providing, transmitting, or otherwise making available any junk mail or spam.
    • No posting, uploading, emailing, or otherwise transmitting any material that contains any malicious computer code (including spyware, worms, Trojan horses, viruses, etc.).
    • No posting, providing, transmitting, or otherwise making available any information which violates regulations promulgated by the Securities and Exchange Commission, or that of any securities exchange, such as the New York Stock Exchange.
    • No collecting, storing, or posting of personal data about or of other community members.
    • No soliciting of any kind on the message boards or in the chat room.
  • Thanks Riss

Unfortunately several knotties have home & professional problems result from unknowingly reveal too much on the internet
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards