Catholic Weddings

Prayer for Prisoners (+Drug Addiction)?

Does anyone know of any good prayers for prisoners?  Nothing I've Googled seems right, and I'm at a loss for words.

My cousin was incarcerated several years ago for two armed bank robberies committed to support his drug addiction.  He will be released next month to a halfway house in a part of his hometown where he will likely have daily contact with poor influences and easy access to drugs again.

What really grieves me is all his two children, now ages 7 and 14, have been through.  They were removed from their mother's custody when she was making meth in the home, flourished  while living with an aunt, and are now struggling after being returned to their mom.

I haven't had any contact with my cousin since before the crimes, even though his federal prison is in my state (halfway across the country from where he's from and committed the crimes).  I hadn't sent him any mail at the request of H, much less visited him, but H and I are now divorcing, and my cousin keeps coming to my mind.  I at least want to be praying for him actively and perhaps to let him know I'm praying for him and his kids.

Suggestions or links for fulfilling this Work of Mercy would be appreciated.
"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isaiah 43:1)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards