Catholic Weddings
Options

catholic morning wedding

Did anyone have a morning Nuptial Mass or Catholic wedding ceremony? What time was it held? I love the idea of a brunch reception following a morning ceremony. Please share pics or inspiration if you have them!

Re: catholic morning wedding

• Options
    meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having an afternoon wedding, but my parents were married in the morning. I believe their mass started at 11am. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I attended a friend's wedding last November that was held at 10:30am on a Saturday morning.  It was a full mass, and they had a brief reception immediately following the ceremony with cake, punch, and coffee.  It was nice...except we left feeling very hungry for lunch because it was right around noon by the time they got finished taking pictures and arrived to the reception. 

I think your idea of brunch sounds great in my opinion!  I'm sure there are all kinds of options for food.  Good luck!          

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yes, we will be having a full mass with our ceremony, but it's at 6:30 in the evening.  Sorry, I forgot that you asked about that also.
  • Options
    meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only thing to be aware of when you're planning a morning wedding is how early you will have to get up and moving. My hair appointment is at 9am for a 3pm wedding. Make sure that you will have enough time to do everything you want that morning- hair, nails, makeup, pre-ceremony photos, etc. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We were married at 11am and had a buffet luncheon that started at 1230 (ceremony was hour and fifteen, fifteen minutes for travel).

we chose to do  all of our pictures before, so as to allow more time with our guests, so we got to teh church at 830am whih was half hour from our house.  as a result it had to be up at 5am, as the hair lady came to my house at 530.  had we not done pictures before, i could have slept longer, but honestly, i was up at about 330 anyway due to nerves, excitement, etc.

in doing this, we avoided gaps and we were able to leave for our honeymoon that night, as the reception ended at 4pm.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at 1pm, full Catholic mass. I am hoping the reception will start around 4pm or so with the guests arriving around 3:30 or so to eat appetizers such as fruit, cheese cubes, etc while the bride and groom and wedding party finish pics at the church.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having an 8 am nuptial mass on a Saturday morning followed by a breakfast/brunch reception.  The bridal party will be staying at a hotel 15 minutes from the church. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend had a 10:30 a.m. Nuptial Mass on a Saturday morning followed by lunch.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am having a 10am ceremony with the reception from 3 til 8pm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards